How To Pamper Feet At Home – DIY Foot Soak
I am back with another DIY, this time it’s a foot soak to soothe tired feet. Sometime back I had a fall & sprained my leg. Luckily it was nothing serious but to relieve pain I used to soak my leg in hot water. My mom adviced me to add rock salt as it helps in healing faster, then I added a few drops of essential
oil as well. I thought why not utilise this time to pamper my feet while it heals & this is what I came up with:
THINGS NEEDED FOR FOOT SOAK:-
- Tub of Hot water
- 2 tbsp Rock salt
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 a cup Milk/Milk powder
- Few drops Essential oil (optional)
- Flower petals (optional)
METHODIY FOOT SOAK
1. To a tub of hot water add rock salt. This helps suck out pain & improve blood circulation.
3. Add 1/2 a cup of milk/milk powder(I have added both). The lactic acid present in milk gently sloughs of dead skin, softening & brightening up your feet.
4. You can also add a few drops of your favourite essential oil for the added benefits of aromatherapy.
5. Finally throw in a few flower petals, just to pamper yourself & for that spa like feel. DONE!
TIP: You can also prepare a pre-mix by combining all the dry ingredients together: Rock salt, Baking soda, Milk powder & dried/scented flower petals(optional) in a suitable ratio. You may even add few drops of essential oil, mix well & store it in an air tight jar. All you have to do is simply add the mixture to a tub of hot water, sit back & unwind!
Go ahead, try this & enjoy foot spa at home
Sometime when I don’t have much of product availability I use Scholl Refreshing Foot Soak which works like a charm.You can read the review here.