Hello Friends, today I am reviewing Mac Mocha Blush which currently is my go-to everyday blush. Without much ado, review shuru kiya jaye.
About Mac Matte Blush Mocha:-
Colour for the cheeks and face. Various formulas.Different looks.
- Colour: MAC describes the shade as soft plum pink. Mocha is a beautiful dusty pink blush with very subtle understated earthy brown hue which flatters and gives the most natural flush of colour to Indian skin tones.
Price: INR 1350/-
Finish &Texture: This is a matte finish blush with super smooth, light and blendable texture. Powder is very finely milled.
Packaging: Standard black pot packaging, transparent flip top lid with MAC engraved in black, neither applicator/brush nor any mirror is provided inside.
My experiences with Mac Matte Blush Mocha:
Lets talk the good things about this beauty. The powder is very smooth and not chalky or cakey, making it really easy to apply on the face and blend. The powder is super finely milled which glides like a dream and blends in seamlessly with my skin.
The coverage of this blush is also buildable that means if applied lightly it adds a dash of very natural sheer pink colour to your face and can be layered on for more intense colour. The formula goes on Matte, without the slightest bit of shimmer which makes it perfect for daily office wear.
Now usual me…and my complaints not so good points- I think that this blush is not so good in pigmentation front –that means for getting greater intensity for parties or some evening functions or on my tanned skin days I have to swirl my brush into the pan more than once to get the desired amount of product to work with. I also see the fall out of product which ultimately leads to wastage whenever I tried this way. This also gives me a thought that this blush might not show up on darker complexions.One more complaint-staying power could have been a little better. MAC… are you listening?
Mac Matte Blush Mocha Swatches:
What I like about Mac Matte Blush Mocha:-
- The shade-it is the perfect pink for Indian skin tones and gives a nice natural glow.
- Texture is smooth and finely milled.
- Never appears chalky or patchy.
- Sturdy and travel friendly classic Mac packaging.
- Easy to work with, blends in smoothly .
- It has a sheer and buildable formula which means no fear of clown cheeks- you can build up the intensity as per your requirement.
What I don’t like about Mac Matte Blush Mocha:-
- May not work for duskier beauties.
- No brush or mirror provided.
- Staying power. Actually the problem is that we working ladies don’t get time for frequent touch-ups and we are always in search of some solid long staying blush. The main reason I got Mocha was some review where I read that it stays put to 7-8 hours at a stretch without fading or moving. May be for some it might have stayed this long but on my typical oily Indian skin, colour starts fading after 2-3 hours i.e. even before my lunch break .I am totally against carrying this treasure in my purse for daily touch ups, as previously I have broken many blushes and compacts (don’t know how) whenever I have put them in my purse or clutch.
- Poor in pigmentation.
- Fall out of product if we swirl blush brush more than thrice.
Finally what I have to say about Mac Mocha?
Despite its not so-many negative points I just adore Mocha.It impart that sweet blushy pinky glow to my face which looks perfectly natural.I get a lot of compliments from ladies staff at my office (which is seriously a rare achievement for any lady in our work place ) on my rosy flush-that’s why Iam reaching this blush almost daily. One more issue- although the MAC blushes retail for Rs.1350/- yet the product lasts ages so I don’t mind paying the price and the quality of MAC blushes are to die for. So I admit that cons toh rahenge hi but Iam and will surely be deeply in love with Mocha. Tell me one lady who don’t love compliments and praises??
Rating: I want to give 5/5 but due to some cons lets settle on 4/5.
Will I repurchase it? Yes. I love compliments . All thanx to Mocha
Have you tried Mac Matte Blush Mocha ?
You might also like reading these:-
- MAC Ambering Rose Sheertone Shimmer Blush Review & Swatches
- Which Eyeliner Brush Is The Best
- The Body Shop Vanilla Bliss Lip Balm Review
- Maybelline Superstay 14 Hour Lipstick Infinitely Fuchsia Review & Swatches
- Maybelline – Express Finish 40 – Nail Paint – Turquoise Lagoon NOTD
- Shiro Cosmetics Intertubes in Sad Keanu Review & Swatches