My dad is one of the most supportive and kind people that I have ever had the fortune to meet. He’s 6’4’’, intimidating and imposing looking but just a really big fluffy teddy. I love you Daddy! :*
But I digress, recently my dad gifted me two MAC lipsticks on a mere whim. He chose them on his own and handed them to me, expecting the regular squeals indicating that I adore it. Seeing the first, Ruby Woo, I screamed like a banshee and hugged my dad till I almost cracked a rib.
But the next one, which I am now going to review, rained on my parade. Looking at it I knew right then that there wasn’t a chance in hell of me rocking this shade but I nevertheless smiled a megawatt smile and made my dad happy.
Price: It was a gift, but I think this retails at around 1100INR.
It comes in the classic MAC tube packaging that’s both travel safe and classy. It’s a perfect blend of utility and style that has made MAC a world leader in cosmetics. The black outer tube with click mechanism and silver inner tube just makes my heart happy when I glance at it.
My take on MAC Satin Lipstick Snob :
MAC describes this as a “ladylike mauve” but for me, this colour is more of a Nicki Minaj pink with cool lavender undertones. I am sure there are numerous people in the world who think that they can rock this shade, seeing as it’s one of the most popular shades in the permanent collection. But sadly, I just cannot. I look ghastly in this lipstick, just bloody awful! I look pale, drawn out and how I always imagined an Inferius (reanimated corpse, to the muggles who don’t get the Harry Potter reference) would look.
I just despise this lipstick, it’s that awful on me. It makes my dry lips look even more flaky than they already are and applies very unevenly. It lasts a mere 2 hours (without food) and then fades unevenly to this chalky pastel pink that looks garish.
I kid you not, when I rushed to the mirror for a lip swatch of this product my dad gave me an incredulous look and said, “You are going out in that? That?” Once I was done with the swatch and longevity test I practically rubbed my lips raw, wanting to get all the colour out. I haven’t had the cojones to wear this lipstick out, and I am sure that it’s in the best interest of the public. -.-
MAC Satin Lipstick Snob Swatches:
There’s nothing good that I have to say about this shade, apart from the classy classic MAC packaging. This is one shade I will never ever buy!
What I like about MAC Satin Lipstick Snob:
- Suitable for very pale and slightly tanned white people
- Very unusual colour
- Can be an MLBB color for numerous people
- The satin finish gives a matte look but isn’t as drying
- Travel safe classy packaging
What I don’t like about MAC Satin Lipstick Snob:-
- Applies patchily
- Not suitable for dusky Indian skin
- So popular that sometimes availability may be a problem in some countries
- Fades patchily on my dry lips.
- The writing on the tube is not engraved and can fade away.
Would I repurchase MAC Satin Lipstick Snob ?
This shade? Never in a gaziliion years!
Would I recommend MAC Snob to friends?
If they are an NC15 or lower, maybe so.
Rating: 3.5/5 (It’s not a bad lipstick per se, just a bad one for me)
Have you tried MAC Satin Lipstick Snob ?
You might also like reading these:-
- How To Pamper Feet At Home – DIY Foot Soak
- The Body Care Salon Premium 24 carat GOLD FACIAL KIT Review
- Fish Tail Festive Eye Makeup Look – Tutorial
- MAC Pure Orange Studio Finish Skin Corrector Review & Swatches
- This Week Online Shopping : Some Gr8 Deals To look Out For This Diwali
- Coloressence Mesmerising Lip Color Fuschia Glame Review & Swatches
- VLCC Daily Protect Cherry Lip Balm Review