MUA products always score love and hate ratings from me. I hate their lipsticks but love the new 2013 collection blushes. Well today I am going to review on Make up Academy (MUA) Pro-Base Fixing Mist. Let see if I love it or Hate it..
About Make up Academy (MUA) Pro-Base Fixing Mist:-
: Fixes your makeup in place all day long. Protects against heat, humidity, cold and windy conditions; whatever your day throws at you – your makeup will hold in place!
Directions: Apply makeup as normal.Shake your fixing mist and then hold at arms length and spray in a horizontal swishing motion until you have your desired cover. Moisturizes and hydrates skin Micro-fine mist for easy application Up to 8 hours fixing time. Avoid direct contact with eyes.
- Price: £5.00 (excl shipping) for 60ml e.
- Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polyurethane-34, Betaine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Parfum, Limonene, Othiazolinone
My experience with Make up Academy (MUA) Pro-Base Fixing Mist:
I brought this product after reading several reviews and the value it adds to fix any base makeup without looking cakey. I have dry skin so makeup somehow stays on me for longer time. I don’t use too much of base rather only concealer and studio fix powder. During winters I need something which can keep my face look dewy, moisturised but not cakey or dry. MAC studio fix works wonder on my dry skin as well, very soft and never make my skin dry but still after few hours my skin feels stretchy. Moisturizer is not enough when you use any powder foundation in winters (for dry skin) I wanted to buy MAC fixing spray but the price is a pain . I was looking for something more affordable. Seeing so many decent reviews I planned to try it out. During summer I generally spray twice on entire face and neck after my base makeup and the result was decent. The makeup stays on for longer periods without any fading. My blush usually get disappears after few hours but after using this I can still find my blush on my cheeks after 5-6 hours returning home This proves that this works without making my skin look oily or greasy! This is non-sticky that make me use this in summer.
During winters I use this as mist. When ever I feel my skin getting drier in chill weather. I just splitz 2-3 spray on entire my face and let it dry. It soaks up all those cakeyness no matter how much powder you use. You can put more powder to set without looking cakey as once you spray the mist it takes any powdery overload away. I like to use this as a mist more than fixing spray. The spray instantly gives hydration to my skin. Feel fresh and moisturized. No more dry or stretchy feelings. It dries very quickly and does not sting or irritate my eyes, which are very sensitive. Makeup stays for hours and it gives my skin a dewy healthy glow. I always carry this in my hand bag. I was quite skeptical to use this when I brought but then I am surprised to see the quality of the product. The colour of Make up Academy (MUA) Pro-Base Fixing Mist is watery. Colourless and has mild fruity fragrance which is not at all annoying. The smell fade away in 2-3 minutes. The mist is decent, works well, those who are looking for an affordable fixing spray go get this one.. Quite cheap and affordable compare to MAC, can be used as makeup fix plus mist. This one definitely gets love score from me!
What I like about Make up Academy (MUA) Pro-Base Fixing Mist:
- Gives a dewy healthy glow.
- Hydrates and moisturized skin.
- Skin is fresh and hydrated.
- Decent products with decent price.
- It does keep makeup fix for long hours. Almost for 6-7 hours.
- Dries very quickly and leave skin hydrated.
- Colourless water consistency and non sticky texture.
- Mild smell which fade out after 2-3 minutes.
- Can be used in Summer and Winters. Summer- base makeup fix and Winter: as a mist.
- Need only 2 sprays for entire face and neck.
- Little goes long way.
- Do not irritate skin or eyes.
- Good for oily and dry skin ladies. (dry skin ladies like me will definitely like it)
What I don’t like about Make up Academy (MUA) Pro-Base Fixing Mist:
- Nothing but availability is the main issue. You can get this from MUA official websites or from few facebook dealers.
I am glad I picked this one. This MUA product definitely scores my love. Yes! If get a chance I will definitely buy again. Which Makeup Fix/mist you have used, kindly share
WiseShe Rating: 4/5.
Have you tried Make up Academy (MUA) Pro-Base Fixing Mist?
You might also like reading these:-
- Loccitane Shea Butter Rose Petals Lipbalm Review
- Garnier Skin Naturals PureActive Neem Wash Review
- Kryolan Professional Brush Art 1707 & 3604 Review
- What Is Scalp Exfoliation – DIY Scalp Exfoliation
- Mac Matte Blush Mocha Review & Swatches
- Lush Eau Roma Water (Toner Water) Review
- Colorbar Pout in a Pot Lipcolor Fable Pink 003 Review