We love silky, shiny hair but do we love oily, shiny hair? NO! I’ve super-duper oily hair and most of the times my hair become limp on the very next day after shampoo. Many of you might be facing the same problem. More often than not the problem of oily-greasy hair is genetic.
I decided to find out some long-term solutions to tame the oiliness. So ladies here I present some recipes for your hair. Starting with the humpty-dumpty-
- 2 egg yolks + 2 tbsp lemon juice. Mix these well and apply on washed hair. Rinse hair with lukewarm water. This DIY conditions your hair without weighing it down.
- Take contents of one egg; add 3 tbsp henna, 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp honey. Make a paste using warm water. Apply this mixture from root to tip. Cover you hair with a shower cap and wash after one hour with a mild shampoo.
- Take one egg-white, add in 2 tsp honey and leave this mixture for 30 minutes to dissolve properly. Then massage gently on your hair and wash after 20 minutes with a shampoo.
Now some easy-peasy homemade shampoos-
- Take I cup of your favourite mild shampoo. Add to it 1 tsp aloe vera gel and 1 tbsp lemon juice. This shampoo can be stored in refrigerator for one week.
- Take a big ripe lemon and cut it into halves. Massage your scalp with a half while squeezing the lemon. Do the same with the other half. Leave for 45-60 minutes and rinse with water. You can use this natural cleansing method daily.
- The mean fuller’s earth (multani mitti) is not only good for our skin but for our locks as well. Take fuller’s earth as per the length of your hair and make a paste with water. Apply on scalp and hair and leave on for 15 minutes. Then cover your head with a shower cap and wash your hair with water after 30 minutes. Follow this twice a week.
- Mix 3 tbsp baking soda with some water to make a thick paste. Massage your head with this for 5 minutes and wash-off after 15 minutes. You can do this daily or thrice a week. Here too you don’t need a shampoo.
- The juicy tangy tomatoes come to the rescue of your hair. Take pulp of one big tomato and mix with some fuller’s earth to make a paste. Apply it on your hair and wear a shower cap. Rinse your hair after 30 minutes with water and you get shiny, grease-free hair without any side-effect.
Some other DIYs for getting lustrous locks-
- Tea- the morning fix for many is also good for keeping your hair fresh. Make a lukewarm concoction of tea with water and apply it properly on your hair. Wash it after 10 minutes with shampoo.
- You can make a very good conditioner for you oily hair with aloe vera. Take 2 tbsp aloe gel, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Use it every time after shampoo and wash-off properly. This will nourish the hair and will not make it greasy.
Now some important things that most of us know- no too much brushing, no conditioner and if you have to just on the ends of hair and no washing your hair with hot water.
Always use a shampoo meant for oily hair. You can use lemon juice or vinegar mixed with water for the last rinse of hair. For a quick-fix keep a dry shampoo or you can use baby powder also.
If you know some quick tips for oily hair please share.
You might like reading these also:-
- AVON Glimmersticks Lip Liners (red brick) Review & Swatch
- Beyu Hydro Star Volume Lipstick Shade Crimson Bouquet Review
- MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick Morange Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Step By Step Styling Procedure Using Livon Serum
- 5 Affordable Orange Red Lipstick India
- Lancome Rouge In Love 391N Fiery Attitude Review & Swatches
- FabIndia Mint Rosemary Body Wash Review
- Wise She Know The Blogger Series : Meet Arzoo
- Berina Hair Heat Protector Review
- How To Make Makeup Finishing Spray – DIY
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 13 Rouge Jet Set Review, Swatches & FOTD