When it comes to beautifying themselves women first and foremost are on the lookout for complexion enhancement products. ‘Fairness’ has become a sort of obsession in South East Asian countries especially in India.
The thought that ‘white skin’ is synonymous to ‘beauty’ pervades the conscious and sub-conscious levels of the mind scape of Indian women. In the matrimonial market too fair complexioned brides are always the first preference. Whether it’s due to societal pressure or due to the age-old stereotyped norms associated with feminine beauty, it is seen that men too are attracted towards the fair-skinned women.
However your skin color is not always in your hands. Your genes, ethnicity play a major role in it but those who were born fair and have turned dark due to certain skin issues may follow fairness tips to brighten up and lighten up their complexion once again. Here are some of my proven fairness tips for you:
- Use a sunscreen when you are going out. That’ll prevent you from getting tanned. There are women who avoid wearing sunscreen because they think it’ll make their skin utterly greasy and act as a dust magnet. But that’s a blunder they commit. These days you get Aqua-base oil free sunscreens for your skin and wearing a sunscreen is a must if you want to avoid skin darkening due to UV Radiation under direct sun exposure. But while picking a sunscreen you must opt for the one that comes with at least SPF 30. Lesser SPF levels are not so very effective.
- Splashing your face with the water of tender coconut immediately after returning from scorching sun exposure can mitigate the harmful skin darkening or tanning effects of such exposure.
- Follow a daily skin care routine to avoid dulling of complexion. Our skin is very delicate and is subject to the ravages of the air borne pollutants like dust, smoke, dirt, micro-organisms etc. Also dead cells keep piling on your skin each day. With regular skin you can ward off unwanted skin issues and maintain your fair glowing complexion. The simple steps you need to follow for your regular skin care is cleansing, toning and moisturizing
- Exfoliation of dead skin cells will give your skin a fair glow. The homemade face pack I recommend for this purpose is Milk, honey and rosewater. Mix 2 tablespoon milk, 2 tablespoon honey and 4-5 drops of rose water. The lactic acid in milk will gently remove all your dead cells, honey will moisturize your skin thoroughly and rose water will refresh it.
- Mix 2 tbsp brown sugar and juice of half a lemon and massage it gently onto your skin until all the sugar melts. Let it stay for about 10 minutes and then wash off with cool water and pat dry. This is perhaps the best exfoliating scrub to give you a fair skin
- Mingle 2 tbsp yoghurt, 2 tbsp turmeric powder and 2 tbsp gram flour to make a smooth paste. Apply the face pack all over your face. Yoghurt too has lactic acid in it and so can slough off dead cells and turmeric powder since time immemorial has been regarded as a remedy for instant golden glowing fairness
- Application of the pulp of Tomatoes on your face daily can even give you a fair skin because this particular vegetable has certain acids and enzymes that’ll readily bleach your skin.
- A face pack of nuts can give you a wondrously fair skin. What you need to do is mix 1 tbsp pistachio paste, 1 tsp almond paste, 1 tsp cashew paste plus ½ tsp grape seed oil, ¼ cup paste of red lentils. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients to make a smooth face pack. Apply it on your face. Rinse off with cool water after 15 minutes.
- Extract coconut milk from the meat of a shredded tender coconut. With 2-3 tbsp coconut milk mix 2 tbsp sandalwood powder and 1 tbsp honey and use it as a face pack. This too is a very effective fairness tip for getting respite from dark spots, blemishes and blackheads
- Papaya with one miraculous enzyme Papain can help to lighten your complexion. Just peel the skin of a ripe papaya, dice it into cube, put it into a blender and thoroughly churn to make a smooth creamy paste. Add 4-5 drops of rose water to the mix and apply the face pack all over your face to get a complexion boosting effect.
- Mix 2-3 tbsp of Aloe Vera sap with 2 tbsp rose water and apply all over your face. Allow drying. Wash off after 15 minutes with cool water. This is a great remedy to keep pigmentation and freckles at bay, the issues that rob you of your fairness.
- Mix 2 tbsp dried orange rind powder with 2 tbsp milk cream and massage the mix gently on your skin. This will de-congest your pores, slough off all dead skins. Leave for about 10 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
- Mix 2 tbsp potato juice and 2 tbsp cucumber juice plus chickpea powder to make a refreshing face pack. Apply it all over your face. Keep for some 15 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
- Cut strawberries into small pieces; put those into a blender along with 2-3 tbsp of curd. Blend thoroughly to make a smoothie. Slather it onto your face. The high content of Alpha Hydroxyl Acids in this lovely looking and yummy fruit can really make your skin white by removing all tan and spots from your skin
- Mix 2 tbsp fresh mango pulp, 2 tbsp honey and 2 tbsp jojoba oil to make a smooth fruity face pack. Apply the face pack all over your face. Rinse off with cold water after 15 minutes to get a baby soft youthful fair glow on your skin.
- Mix 2 tsp Virgin Olive oil with fresh juice of half an orange and 2 tbsp honey. Rub it gently on your skin. Use this face pack daily for getting flawless and spotless glowing fairness within just 15 days.
- Make a fine paste of a bunch of fresh mint leaves, add to it few drops of tea tree oil and apply it on your face as a facial mask. Keep for 15-20 minutes and then wash off with cold water. Do this every alternate day to get a fair skin.
- Mix 2 tbsp dried mango rind powder and 2 tbsp milk cream, add 3-4 drops of rose water to the mix. Apply the pack all over your face. Massage gently and then allow drying. Rinse off with cold water after 15 minutes and pat dry. This will give you instant glowing fairness.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water per day to flush out all toxins from your system. That is in fact the simplest way to achieve a fair, smooth and spotless skin.
- Include lots of fresh veggies and fruits in your daily diet, feast on fruit salads, enjoy fresh fruits smoothies and juices and for Heaven’s sake stay away from the Fast foods! If you take those all your efforts towards achieving a radiant and fair skin will turn to dust.
So these are my top 20 time-tested fairness tips for you all.
Which fairness tip do you follow?
You might also like reading these:-
- Rimmel London Apocolips Lip Laquer in Aurora Review & Swatches
- MUA Eyeshadow Pearl Shade 24 Review & Swatches
- Ponds Daily Face Wash Active Cleansing System Review
- Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick 568 Review & Swatches
- Kryolan Lipstick LC 197 Review & Swatches
- Wise She Meet The Blogger – Aarthi
- MAC Riri Woo Review & Swatches
- Lakme Absolute Face Stylist Concealer Medium Review
- 10 Home Remedies For Oily Hair