5 Side effects of Fairness Creams
If you follow the purchasing trend of the consumer world attentively you’ll at once discover that of all beauty products sold in the market, the number of fairness cremes sold per day is the highest, which no doubt implies that the number of customers who wish to buy such cremes are also the highest. Yes everybody wants to have a fair skin. It’s a sort of psychological obsession that if you have a fair skin you’ll be on the spotlights, get more importance and get noticed even in huge crowds. And the prejudiced society furthermore encourages such beliefs. The matrimonial market gives preference to fair looking girls. Racism and the stigma associated with dark skin as it were, has gone deep into our DNA! So, young girls and boys today are crazily investing in the fairness cremes quite ignorant of the many undesirable side-effects of such cremes.
The manufactures of these cremes make the most of the consumer’s psychological obsession by enticing them with fanciful advertisements where they get to see their favorite movie stars on television endorsing a particular fairness creme, using it and turning fair like anything and that’s just enough for them to give into the temptation!
Over the recent years however a lot of debate arose due to certain publications that were published in many newspapers, research journals, beauty magazines that tried to educate people on the hidden ‘darkness’ in the fairness cremes.
Let’s take a look at what it is that can make your favorite fairness cream harmful for you. Here are the major side-effects of fairness crèames :
- One major side-effect of fairness creams is that your skin with the prolonged usage of such cremes becomes extremely photosensitive. Thus the moment you are out in the sun a hell of a lot of problems start for you such as itching of skin, getting rashes, your skin turning red, blistering of skin and even getting painful sunburns. Using any facial masks or pack on such a skin may exacerbate the problem.
- Secondly using fairness creme for a prolonged period may make your skin acne prone. Acne is one skin problem which everybody wants to avoid and it’s really pointless to welcome it into your life by using the wrong cosmetic!
- Thirdly if you use fairness crèams for a long time, your skin will start to sag fast and you’ll come to lose your youthful look sooner than your actual age. The reason is quick loss of the skin’s tightness, elasticity and a noticeable skin thinning.
- In most cases the fairness cremes come with chemicals like Mercury, Hydroquinone and even steroids. If you expose your skin continually to these chemicals it may in the long run cause lethal skin damage giving rise to problems as serious as skin cancer even.
- The chemicals in a fairness crèam also lead to pigmentation problems and aggravate it like anything. So if you think that you’ll mitigate your pigmentation skin issues by using fairness cremes you are actually walking completely on the wrong track.
So these are the 5 major side-effects of fairness creams which you should definitely consider prior to buying your pack. After all skin is a God-gifted asset and you must not take chances with your skin just out of sheer temptation.
What is your opinion about Fairness Cremes?
You might also like reading these:-
- Inglot Freedom System Blush Shade 32 Review & Swatches
- DIY – Hair Serum cum Moisturizer
- Rimmel London Apocolips Lip Laquer in Aurora Review & Swatches
- MUA Eyeshadow Pearl Shade 24 Review & Swatches
- Ponds Daily Face Wash Active Cleansing System Review
- Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick 568 Review & Swatches
- Kryolan Lipstick LC 197 Review & Swatches
- Wise She Meet The Blogger – Aarthi
- MAC Riri Woo Review & Swatches