DIY – Hair Serum cum Moisturizer
Hi beautiful ladies. Today I am going to introduce to you a hair serum, which I came up with. I wanted a silicones free serum since my shampoo and conditioner are…so here it is.
Let me introduce you to my hair. I have chocolate brown hair, curly and frizzy in nature. My hair looses moisture in winter and splits. But I have managed my hair from damage this time.
Things you will need:
- vitamin e capsules
- aloevera gel
- Distilled or rose water
- Essential oil
- Storing bottle
Now for the procedure:
- Take glycerine in a clean bowl, and add 8 to ten vitamin capsules. Like 10 capsules for 100 ml of serum
- Now add 2 table spoons of aloevera gel. Try using as pure gel as possible. Add 10 to 12 drops of lavender or any essential oil depending on your hair type. Beat the whole mixture.
- Now add equal parts of distilled water or rose water to it. Mix well and store it. The whole mixture should be in 1:1 ratio of glycerine and water.
You are done.
Always shake before usage.
I use this as a hair moisturizer whenever I wash my hair and every alternate day at night before I sleep. Works amazing when used as an overnight treatment…You will feel oily few hours so don’t use on scalp if you want to style your hair. Use it as a fixer in the end and along the lengths and ends. It kinda acts like a hair gel on hair.
Working and its benefits:
- Glycerine is a humectant. So it absorbs moisture from atmosphere into hair and maintains hydration of your hair. Never use it undiluted as if the air is drier than your hair, the reverse happens like in a desert area. I never had that issue here and even in the rainiest time, my hair was frizz free.
- Aloevera gel hair the same effect and protects from sun damage and heals scalp skin. no dandruff
- Vitamin e, well need I say how good it is? It won’t be greasy at all. It just gives perfect nourishment and repairs hair damage.
- Lavender has anti inflammatory properties. It relaxes hair cuticles, shaft and scalp. Rose water and rose oil has same properties. Perfect for curly and wavy hair. Lemon grass can be used for oily haired girls. Look, search and only then choose.
My hair is more smoother, frizz and tangle free and no build up and silicones. Completely damage free hair
This serum can be used on your face and body if you have dry skin. Few drops of mint or eucalyptus oil can keep your head cool, sweat free and sun safe during hot seasons.
The serum can be refrigerated or keep in a cool dry place. Shelf life is 6 to 8 months. Add grape seed oil if you want longer.
I hope you have good results as I did. Please try and let me know if you have any other ideas also for doubts…. comment !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you like this hair serum and moisturizer duo?
You might also like reading these:-
- The Body Shop Ginger Sparkle Body Lotion Review and Swatches
- BB Creams – Which Is Best ?
- Real Techniques By Samantha Chapman Your Finish/Perfected Stippling Brush Review
- Sunsilk Co-Creations Radiant Shine Conditioner Review
- Elle 18 Color Pops 40 Candy Kiss Review & Swatches