MAC released Limited Edition Rihanna Holiday Collection very quietly here in Bangalore this Saturday and honestly the stuff was sold out very quickly. I was able to pick the last piece of much hyped RIRI WOO Lipstick and here I am with quick review of that. It is holiday packaging and hence the price is different from regular MAC lipstick.
- Size – 3 gms,
- Price – 1200/- , Available at MAC stores across India
- Shade – MAC RIRI Woo is described as matte cool red and has retro matte finish. As the description says , it is cool toned blue based medium to dark red shade and very teeny tiny bit different from Ruby Woo from where the inspiration comes. I am not bowled over with the shade but due to hype I picked this without trying on lips. On my lips there is hardly any difference – shade and texture vise. The colour is universally flattering and is especially must have if you haven’t picked RUBY WOO. You can easily skip it if you have Ruby Woo, they both are almost similar.
- Texture – As it is retro matte, you can expect a little bit of tugging and dryness on lips, not the best finish for chapped lips. It doesn’t glide very easily on my lips and also not unevenly. The colour is gorgeously pigmented but due to dry texture I do need to layer it for even finish. I make sure my lips are in good condition a day prior as I like to layer my matte lipsticks without any balm. What is the use if you have balm on your lips , the matte look disappears if you have balm already, so very well exfoliated and moisturized lips are advisable .
- Packaging –It is housed in rose gold packaging, looks and feels luxury. The price is increased by 20 % but then MAC is famous to hike all holiday packaging prices by more or less 10 – 15 %.
My experience with MAC RIRI WOO :
I absolutely loved the rose gold packaging; it is something which made me pick this lipstick without much thinking. The colour is also lovely and looks wonderful on my NC 40 skin tone but the drier texture is such a turn off. I do know that retro matte finishes are dry and this is exactly I expected it to be. It does stay for hrs without transferring and looks freshly applied even after 5 – 6 hrs.
MAC Riri Woo Swatches:
What I like about MAC Riri Woo:-
- The colour is beautiful if you already don’t have RUBY WOO, stunning and eye catching – a must buy.
- The holiday packaging, I did pay 200 bucks extra but I loved the packaging no doubt.
- The signature on lipstick which says “RIRI”, so damn cool.
- It does need a little layering but the colour is absolutely opaque and stays for 5 – 6 hrs without fading or bleeding, you do need a good makeup remover to take off the last bit of traces.
What I don’t like about MAC Riri Woo:-
- The texture is very dry but it is something which is expected from retro matte.
Ratings – 4/5,
The lipstick looks beautiful and so is the colour but texture is little too drying for my liking. I do love my matte lipsticks but with added softness, something like NARS VELVET MATTE Lip pencils, they are matte but have velvety texture. I have one to share in coming days.
Have you tried MAC Riri Woo?
You might also like reading these:-
- 30 Beautiful Chambor Eyeliner Swatches & Photos
- Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil Coal Mine 09 Review & Swatches
- Chambor Eye tattoo Liner ET 03 Review & Swatches
- NYX 923 Copper Slim Eye Pencil Review and Swatches
- MAC Chromagraphic Pencil Rich Purple Review And Swatches
- Lakme Nine To Five Kohl Ultimate Photos & Swatches
- Diana Of London Shooting Star Eyeliner Eye Pencil Review