Mac is famous for its red lipstick. Russian Red, Ruby Woo, Viva Glam I and now Riri Woo, are the stuff legends are made of. The shade I am reviewing today is Mac Red in Satin finish, which has been lost under all the hype created by the other Mac reds. This shade is an underdog of the Mac reds family, but like all underdogs, it has its own charm. It is a classic red that will look good on literally everyone!
Price: Rs. 990
My experience with Mac Satin Lipstick in Mac Red:
- Packaging: Comes in the standard Mac black tube, with the name of the shade written on one end. It shuts with a click which means it doesn’t open unless you want it to. It is a permanent shade.
- Color: It is a blue-toned red. It is said that blue toned reds are easier to carry for both cool and warm toned people and I think this shade is a perfect example of that. The bright and vivid colour will brighten any complexion. Truth be told, I wouldn’t say that this is a unique shade. You can find tons of dupes of this shade in drugstore brands, but it is a classic shade from a trustworthy brand, so I don’t mind the price.
Texture: Mac satin finish is known for being creamier than their mattes. The texture is smooth and shiny and does not tug while application.
Fragrance: Typical Mac vanilla fragrance that is not overbearing.
Mac Satin Lipstick in Mac Red Swatches:
Verdict: The shade is a cool-toned red, cooler than Ruby Woo, which flatters all skin tones and even makes teeth look whiter. It is a bright hue, so you should definitely test it in store to see if you’d be comfortable carrying it. The texture is smooooooth and once applied it looks slightly glossy. But it’s not so creamy that it would settle into lip lines. Just glossy enough to give another dimension to the lip color. Pigmentation is insane, so one swipe is enough to give opaque coverage. The staying power is pretty good too as it stays for 5-6 hours without meals. Overall I love this shade and if you are looking for a red from Mac, I would definitely urge you to give this a try along with the Ruby Woos and Russian Reds.
What I like about Mac Satin Lipstick in Mac Red:
- Universally flattering shade
- Texture is smooth and creamy
- Isn’t drying at all
- Superb pigmentation
- Stays on for 5-6 hours.
What I don’t like about Mac Satin Lipstick in Mac Red:
- Not a unique shade
- Price might be a deterrent for some
Have you tried Mac Satin Lipstick in Mac Red?
You might also like reading these:-