Have you ever been astounded by the sheer resplendence of Dita Von Teese, Taylor Swift or Marilyn Monroe? I know I have!
The only thing common between the above mentioned three are there signature red lips. Their striking red lips (among other things) makes them pop icons of their time.
One huge misconception women labour under, is that one needs confidence to pull off red lipstick. Instead, the reality is that red lipstick brings on an unmatched confidence that makes you feel incredible. Take it from me, I consider it my personal chain linked armour.
The product I am now going to review is the first red lipstick I ever purchased and have continued to use for the past three years.
Price: INR 350.It’s available on offer on Purplle.com
About Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick:
– Crisper color from pure pigments.
– Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar
– Lipcolor so rich, so stunning sensational
My views on Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Fatal Red:
This is a lipstick that I have been using for the past three years. It undoubtedly has its flaws but the colour more than makes up for them. Let me first describe the colour. It’s this warm yet bright glossy red, that photographs gorgeously. It ends up looking a tad understated on me because I use the blotting method to make the lip colour matte and I have incredibly pigmented lips too.
But darn, it does look amazing! It is that perfect carrot red that can suit a wide range of skin tones. I know that the formula isn’t that great, but because this was my first red I tend to ignore its flaws.
The glossy finish of the lipstick lasts for about 2 hours, the colour lasts for another 2 perfectly and then it begins to settle in the fine lines. This last phase is the time one should reapply, but because I use the blot method, I need to scrub off all traces of lipstick and start over. A time consuming process that I sometimes forget to do, leaving me worse for wear by the end of the day.
Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Fatal Red Swatches:-
I have attached an OOTD taken during a party in which I am wearing the Maybelline Colorsensational Fatal Red with a sunny lemon yellow one shoulder Grecian gown. I know that Vandana asked for a FOTD in the last review’s comments, but I am too lazy to take a selfie. So this is for you Van! Tell me how I look.
Maybe I should start contributing OOTDs to the WiseShe Fashion blog too.
What I like about Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Fatal Red:
- Intensely pigmented (may be a con for some)
- Wide shade collection
- Travel safe packaging
- Gorgeous colour for dark skinned beauties
- Covers lip pigmentation very well
- Attractive packaging
What I don’t like about Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Fatal Red:
- Can look overdone if not applied with care
- Contains parabens
- Lighter skinned beauties might shy away
- Doesn’t have particularly great longevity
- Sinks into fine lines by the end of its presence
- Transfers easily
Will I repurchase Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Fatal Red?
I have a new red lipstick that seems pretty promising. But this IS my third tube of Fatal Red, so it’s safe to say that I love this lipstick!
Product Rating: 4/5
Have you tried Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick Fatal Red?
You might also like reading these:-
- Wise She Meet The Blogger Series – Meet Payal
- Revlon Age Defying Concealer with Botafirm SPF 20 Review
- 4 Hot Shades Of Red Lipstick
- Lakme Absolute Creme Lipstick Runway Red Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Parachute Ayurvedic Hot Oil Review
- 32 Celtic Tattoo Ideas
- Coloressence Mesmerising Lip Color Peachy Pink Review & Swatches
- e.l.f. HD Blush Encore Review & Swatches
- 10 Skin Whitening Face Pack Recipes
- What is Konjac Sponge & What It Is Made Of