About Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer Celestial :-
The earth-shattering lip lacquer from Rimmel London combining the intense colour of lipstick with a lacquer like shine, Apocalips Lip Lacquer is an explosive make-up phenomenon that represents the end of colour as you know it. Packed with pure colour pigments, its lusciously creamy, conditioning formula promises a never-before combination of colour, shine and comfort that last and last.
Available in 8 shades, from subtly sexy to spectacular.
- Price: 475 INR.You can buy it from here if you are abroad
- Quantity: 5.5ml
My views on Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer Celestial:
A very sweet friend of mine from Kolkata took the trouble of sending me few products that are not yet available online or anywhere else. One of those being the newly launched and quite popular Rimmel Apocalips and the shade I am reviewing today for you all is Celestial.
Shade: Celestial is a light mauve pink shade with mauve highlighting more than pink here. It is a sort of neon mauve pink which would look wonderful on fair to light medium skin tones.
I won’t call it an easily wearable shade as you need to wear some proper base makeup otherwise the shade may conflict with the warmer Indian skin tone.
If you are above NC-40 then I would suggest you to try this shade first before buying as it might wash you out. But if you are into neon shades then you can check this color.
- Texture: The lip lacquer is more of a liquid lipstick; it’s creamy and highly pigmented with a glossy finish. The texture is thicker than a gloss and one single swipe covers the lip pigmentation nicely. It’s light-weight and non-sticky. I find it non-drying and skip a lip balm completely. It won’t settle in fine lines and fades away evenly. But better to exfoliate chapped lips before applying this. The shade doesn’t bleed or feather.But there is a mild queer scent attached with the product which I don’t like.
- Staying power: I find the shade visible on me for 4 hours with light snacks. But after a full meal, the shade wipes off completely so a touch-up is definitely recommended.
- Packaging: The lip gloss kind of package with the clear shade indication on the pack itself is good and pretty. I just love the slant (a bit wide) foam tip applicator. It picks up a good amount of color that is enough for a single time application.
What I like about Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer Celestial:
- Great texture
- A nice option for a neon mauve pink color.
- Budget friendly
- Highly pigmented
- Glossy finish
- Decent staying power.
- Creamy and non-drying texture.
- Light weight and non-sticky
- Does not bleed/feather.
- Pretty packaging.
- I adore the applicator provided.
What I don’t like about Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer Celestial:
- Strange mild scent
- Does not survive a full meal.
- This shade is not suitable for all skin tones.
- Not available easily.
Though I love the creamy and highly pigmented texture topped with quite a unique shade still I am not bowled over with Celestial. I recommend it to the fair and light medium skin tones as it may flatter them well.
Have you tried Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer Celestial ?
You might also like reading these:-