The use of Neem or Margosa in skin care is not a recent discovery or a latest practice. In fact it had existed since the ancient times and in Ayurveda, Neem is regarded as one vital ingredient that can detoxify your system and restore the ‘dosha’ imbalances. This evergreen tree indigenous to Southeast Asian countries like Burma, India has a scientific name ‘Azadirachta indica’ and if you delve into the past, you’ll find that in many of ancient texts of Ayurveda, there’s detailed description of this miracle herb where the sages are loud in praise of its many benefits on your physiology, your skin and hair. Today however the entire world is aware of the beauty benefits of Neem and even the denizens of the Occidental part of the world are largely tapping into Neem’s beauty boosting properties. If you wish to use neem for your skin and wish to learn about an effective neem face pack recipe, read on.
Neem for your skin can be used in many ways. You can use the Neem oil in the face pack or the Neem powder in the face pack or even the fresh Neem leaves mashed into green soft paste in your face pack. Also sometimes an infusion prepared from the Neem leaves may be used in the Neem face pack recipes. Neem oil is a much treasured vegetable oil extracted from the seeds and fruits of Neem tree. Neem Powder is the powdered form of dried Neem leaves.
The antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, non-comedogenic properties of neem can treat problem skin most effectively giving it a flawless, spotless, luminous glow. Thus for those suffering from dermatitis, acne, pimples, sun burns, skin infection this is the most potent herbal eco-friendly remedy to get respite from the problems from the very root.
Face Pack Recipe With Neem Oil:-
- If you wish to know about a face pack recipe with neem oil, here’s one of my proven recipes: Mix 4-5 drops of neem oil with a paste of raw turmeric. Add few drops of any fragrant essential oil such as lavender or rosemary to the mix if you are too repelled by the smell of neem oil and apply the face pack all over your face. Wash off with lukewarm water after 15-20 minutes. Neem oil is high in fatty acids and thus can erase scars and blemishes from skin most excellently.
- If you wish to know about a face pack recipe with neem powder, here is one good one: Mix 2 tbsp neem powder, 2 tbsp yoghurt and 2 tsp Almond oil and blend thoroughly into a smooth paste. Apply the face pack all over your face. Keep for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water. This will remove skin dullness and will give you a soft, well moisturized, rejuvenated spotless clear healthy skin. Neem powder facial pack is excellent for de-congesting skin pores, thorough cleansing and tightening of pores.
Mashed Neem Leaves:-
- If you wish to use the paste of freshly mashed neem leaves on your skin that too you can do. You can either, simply apply the neem leaves paste on your skin or mingle it with other potent ingredients like Holy basil leaves paste and few drops of rose water to enhance the beauty boosting property of the Neem leaf face pack.
Neem Leaves For Healthy Glowing Skin:-
- Using an infusion of neem leaves on skin can also leave your skin healthy, glowing and blemish-free. What you need to do is boil a bunch of neem leaves in ½ liter water. Once you see the leaves turning whitish, remove the vessel from flame and allow it to cool. Then strain the greenish liquid and preserve in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Soak cotton swab in this neem infusion and dab your skin several times with it. It can work as an excellent skin Toner. Also you can mix this infusion in little quantities with other ingredients to make effective face packs for your skin. For instance 2 tbsp of this neem infusion can be mixed with 2 tbsp sandalwood powder or Fuller’s earth and few drops of rose water to make an effective anti-inflammatory skin revitalizing face pack recipe.
So these are some ways you can use Neem and Neem face pack recipe to get a flawless look like never before!
Did you like these ideas of using neem for your skin?
You might also like reading these:-
- Rimmel London Apocolips Lip Laquer in Aurora Review & Swatches
- MUA Eyeshadow Pearl Shade 24 Review & Swatches
- Ponds Daily Face Wash Active Cleansing System Review
- Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick 568 Review & Swatches
- Kryolan Lipstick LC 197 Review & Swatches
- Wise She Meet The Blogger – Aarthi
- MAC Riri Woo Review & Swatches