A tinted skin primer formulated with soft-focus powders to help even out skin tone and add radiance. Lightweight and invisible, it goes on under foundation or powder for a naturally perfect look and subtle glow. Available in four tints: Illuminate adds radiance to a sallow complexion; Neutralize calms a red, blotchy complexion; Adjust brightens dull skin; and Recharge adds a little “boost” to any dull complexion. Offers broad spectrum SPF 35 protection. Fragrance free.
About MAC Prep+Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer Illuminateur:-
Price and Quantity: 30 ml / 1.0 US fl oz for $30/ RS. 2100/-
Packaging: This product comes in fuss-free and sleek black packaging with details engraved in white. The best thing about this packaging is that it is very hygienic as it comes in a tube with a small nozzle which helps in controlling the amount of the cream. The packaging though seems to be simple but it is very functional and travel-friendly. The colour of the shade is shown on the tube in the form of small band.
Available shades: 4
- Neutralize is a pale yellow that will help counteract purplish bruises or blemishes.
- Illuminate is a pale lavender that would work to counter sallow or yellow undertones.
- Recharge is a salmon color that can counteract blue or dark eye circles.
- Adjust is a light, neutral peach that work to illuminate the skin and give a slight glow (Shade being reviewed here).
Colour and texture: As described by the MAC it is neutral peach in colour. Texturewise it is very light weight and glides easily on the skin.
Directions for use: Smooth evenly all over the face or to the desired area after moisturizer with finger tips, brush or sponge. Keep out of eyes.
My take on MAC Prep+Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer Illuminateur De Teint SPF 35:
This odorless light weight creamy textured product which looks like my BB creame is very easy to work with and sinks in almost instantly post application. It is a multi-functional face product that can be used as base, neutralizer, illuminizer with an added benefit of UV protector (with SPF35). This product calm down red and blotchy complexion and instantly brighten the dull looking face. Post using it I instantly observe that my pores have shrinked and my skin is looking glowy and supple, however it leaves behind that whitish cast which usually disappears after some time. It helps in helping my makeup stay longer, but not for too long.
I find other primers like Kryolan or Inglot much more effective than this one at a much lower price tag. I have normal clear skin so I did’nt need much coverage and also my skin shows specks of shine or oil only after 4-5 hour post applying my makeup so this product is faring good on me till now but Iam not sure how much effective it will be in summers. One of my friends who has oily skin is also using this product and she is not very happy with it,as the product has miserably failed to deliver results as per claims made.
What I like about MAC Prep+Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer Illuminateur De Teint SPF 35:
- Light weight, blends easily.
- Contains SPF.
- Shades cater to the needs of lots of skin concerns.
- Imparts a slight glow to the face.
- Travel friendly packaging, amount of product can be controlled easily.
- Temporarily reduces the size of pores.
- Its MAC Yaar
What I don’t like about MAC Prep+Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer Illuminateur De Teint SPF 35:
- May not suit people with oily skin.
- Not an effective primer.
- Poor staying power.
- Leaves a whitish cast.
Rating: 3/5 as an illuminator, 2/5 as a primer.
Shall I recommend it to others? If you are ok with price tag, are a MAC lover and looking for a gentle primer then go for it.
Have you tried MAC Prep+Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer Illuminateur De Teint SPF 35?
You might also like reading these:-
- Shilpa Shetty THEN and NOW
- Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation Light Medium/Medium Review
- Maybelline Eye Liner Vivid & Smooth Bordeaux Pearl Review
- Wise She Meet The Blogger – Anshul
- L’Oreal Paris Magique Kajal Review & Swatches
- 10 Curly Long Hair Styles
- I Love Coconut & Cream Glossy Lip Balm Review