It is true to say that our eyes are showing others the way we feel and it even says a great deal about who we are. Whenever you’re sad, if you are happy, excited, full of vigor or drained your eyes show others. They’re the windows to your own sole. Thus it’s easy to comprehend how important your eye makeup is in the whole beauty process. Your eye makeup is one of the very most significant aspects of your own make-up since it influences your entire appearance drastically and as we all know there are loads of eye makeup and tools available in the market. One such eye makeup item is Eye pencil.
According to wikipedia eyeliner is commonly used as a daily make up routine to define the eye or create the look of a wider or smaller eye. Eyeliner can be used as a tool to create various looks as well as highlighting different features of the eyes. Whether it be with a winged eyeliner or tight lined at the waterline, eyeliner can be placed in various parts of the eye to create different looks. Eyeliner can be drawn above upper lashes or below lower lashes or both, even on the water lines of your eyes. Its primary purpose is to make the lashes look lush, but it also draws attention to the eye and can enhance or even change the eye’s shape. Eyeliner is available in a wide range of hues, from the common black, brown and grey to more adventurous shades such as bright primary colors, pastels, frosty silvers and golds, white and even glitter-flecked colors. Iam going to talk about NYX long eye pencil in Caramel shade today which is soft brown in colour and which Iam using now a days.
About Nyx Long Eye Pencil in Caramel :-
NYX Long Pencil Eyeliner has easy to apply pencil tip which is also easy to sharpen. Just a swipe or two leaves a trail of intense color which refuses to get smudged. 7 inches Long Pencil provides value and convenient for the eyes. ? Each eye crayon comes with its own sharpener!
- Price and Quantity: Rs.150/- for 2 gms of product.
- Shelf Life: 24 Months.
- Packaging: NYX long eye pencil is a thin, long and matte black lacquered wooden pencil with a built in sharpener on the cap which snaps not so tightly, thus the packaging is not so travel friendly. It comes with a colored end that helps in easy identification of the shade. The packaging is quite basic and simple and nothing really fancy.
- Ingredients: Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Copernicia Cerifera, Paraffinum Liquidum, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Cera Microcristallina, Lanolin, Silica, BHA, Methylparaben, Mica. May Contain : CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, CI 15850.
My take on NYX Long Eye Pencil in Caramel:-
The texture of the pencil is very smooth and creamy; it even breaks when I apply a gentle pressure on it. Owing to its soft texture the tip is susceptible to breakage if not properly capped, so it needs to be capped cautiously. It glides smoothly along my water line and also applies on the lash line smoothly without tugging or skipping. It gives a subtle brown color with a single swipe but can also be layered to get a dramatic look. It is a very wearable colour, especially for day wear. It can be worn safely on the waterline, as it neither cause any stinging nor any burning sensation.
Nyx Long Eye Pencil in Caramel Swatches:-
The SA had told me that the product was smudge proof and long lasting, well it isn’t. The colour fades away in 3-4 hours and smudges like most eye pencils, so one would need touch-ups at regular interval .This eye pencil is also not completely waterproof and comes off easily if comes in contact with water.The sharpener provided in the caps sharpens the pencil very well, though due to the creamy texture sharpening results in lot of product wastage.
What I like about NYX Long Eye Pencil in Caramel:
- Glides smoothly on eyes due to soft and creamy texture.
- Beautiful soft brown shade..
- Smudge proof.
- Doesn’t irritate my eyes or sting on my waterline.
- Comes with an inbuilt sharpener, no need for an extra one.
- 7 inches long pencil that would last for a long time
What I don’t like about NYX Long Eye Pencil in Caramel:
- Not completely water proof and comes easily with two or three splashes of water.
- Staying power is very poor.
- Not travel friendly due to loose cap.
- Contains parabenes.
- Not available everywhere.
Rating: 2/5 due to poor staying power and for non-waterproof nature despite being an eye product.
Do I recommend this: Nope…I guess there are better eye pencils available in the market. You can give this a miss.
Have you tried NYX Long Eye Pencil in Caramel?
You might also like reading these:-
- INGLOT Freedom Style cream CONCEALER MW 101- Review and Swatches
- Faces Go Chic Lipstick in Twig Review & Swatches
- Inglot 22 T Concealer Brush Review
- MUA Waterproof Mascara Black Review & Swatches
- Picture Perfect: Tips to look awesome in photos
- Herbal Essences Dazzling Shine Shampoo Review
- 5 Side effects of Fairness Creams