Lacto calamine is a skincare cosmetic product which was introduced by a leading Pharmaceutical company and one of the renowned names in the field of health & beauty that is Piramal Healthcare.
Lacto Calamine is a moisturizing lotion and consists of ingredients like water, kaolin, glycerin, castor oil, zinc oxide, zinc carbonate etc. These ingredients are prominently used in the skincare regime by many people. Let’s find out about it in an elaborate way.
Lacto calamine consists of zinc oxide & zinc carbonate which in combination is known as Calamine. Calamine lotion was extensively used by the people since many years for the treatment of skin imperfections and repairing wounded skin. The zinc oxide used in this lotion helps in dealing with skin problems like damage from the sun & promotes skin healing. Zinc oxide is also known to combat pimples and reduce the acne formation.
The glycerin and castor oil present in the lotion add further to the benefits of this lotion by keeping the skin moisturized and acting upon the blemishes which exist on the skin.
Kaolin present in the lotion helps the skin in providing a smooth texture to the skin and gives an instant soft and even skin tone after application.
The zinc oxide & carbonate are effective in treating the allergies of the skin, if occurs. They also help in removing the dead cells of the skin and aid in the faster skin renewal process.
Uses & Benefits of Lacto Calamine
- Lacto calamine is a perfect product for daily moisturising needs. If you have dry skin, this lotion will keep your skin hydrated enough to give a nourished skin. In case you have an oily or combination type of skin, the Lacto calamine lotion which is specially formulated for controlling excess oil will be a better choice.
- Lacto calamine also acts as an excellent makeup base because the lotion is fully absorbed by the skin so as to even out the skin and acts as a smooth base for applying makeup.
- This lotion is very good for skin which is prone to damage from the sun and other polluting agents as the calamine present as an ingredient acts on aiding the healing of the skin and is known to be very effective in sunburns.
- Calamine is enriched with antiseptic properties and acts as a perfect astringent for minor skin problems and skin allergies.
- The presence of zinc oxides & carbonates in the lotion makes it an ideal lotion for protection against harmful sun rays.
- This lotion is also very effective in removing dead skin cells from the skin.
- The glycerin present in this lotion helps in keeping the skin moisturised and prevents the skin from drying out.
- The emulsifying ingredient of the lotion which is kaolin helps in giving a replenished skin and visibly improves the texture of the skin.
- Being a cosmetic preparation, it is ensured that no harmful substance is added in the product which makes it an ideal choice of moisturiser for all types of skin.
- If your skin is suffering from any rashes, redness or mosquito bites, this lotion is very effective on them and improves the condition of the skin in few applications itself.
- Those beauties who are constantly battling with the problem of blackheads and are experiencing a tough time in getting rid of them, Lacto calamine proves to be a good lotion to solve their problem.
- This lotion acts very effectively on the pimples and reduces their size after 2-3 uses as zinc oxide is known to inhibit the excess sebum production which is the causative factor of pimples on the skin.
- This lotion can be used as a moisturiser as well as a night cream to get soft and supple skin when you wake up in the morning.
- If you are not very much into makeup and like to keep your skin like that, this is a perfect choice of lotion as it perfectly evens out the skin tone and provides a matte finish to the face so that you don’t need to use any further product on top of it.
Do you use Lacto Calamine?
You might also like reading these:-