Carrots are considered to be Super-foods. Now you must be wondering- Didn’t we know this already? or So what, there are many others as well. But my dear people!! Carrots are not only good for overall well-being but are available fairly easily as well.
Nutrients in Carrots-
If I will start elaborating every nutrient and its benefits, you will sleep for sure so I’ll just give you a summary. Carrots are rich in Beta-Carotene which is a powerful anti-oxidant and prevents ageing, I know that this point is enough to make you munch on carrots. They are very rich in Vitamin A which is great for eyes. Carrots have high fibre content so are good for digestive system and also help in reducing cholesterol levels. Besides there are many other minerals in carrots that promote a healthy body.
As this is a beauty blog, I’ll start with the beauty benefits of carrots-
For glowing face- If you consume carrots regularly, your skin will glow naturally as carrot cleanses the body and improves blood circulation. For quick results you can try various carrot face packs. Here is one such recipe- Take a small carrot. Grind it. Squeeze out the juice. Mix 1 tablespoon honey, yolk of an egg and some flour ( oily skinned girls can use egg-white as well). Apply it on your face and wash off with warm water after 20 minutes. This mask is your ticket to glowing skin.
Caroots are full of Vitamin A and anti-oxidants that prevent your skin from being damaged by the harmful sun rays. They also prevent skin from going dull and dry.
Carrots help in preventing premature wrinkling, acne, dry skin, pigmentation, blemishes, and uneven skin tone. Try this pack for scars and ageing- 2 carrot + 1 tbsp. honey + 1 tbsp. olive oil + lemon juice. Peel, boil and mash the carrots. Add in all the ingredients and whip up a paste. Massage well and rinse off after 5 minutes.
Relief from parched skin-
Eating carrots and applying them on face soothes dry skin and keep it moisturised.
For healthy skin-
Carrots have the properties to heal rashes and minor wounds. Carrot-paste can be applied on affected skin for healing.
Carrots for healthy hair-
Carrots prevent hair fall and make hair strong and shiny. Take a carrot and grate it. Apply it on hair and scalp and rinse after 15 minutes. You will get shiny, clean hair. No need of shampoo and you get good hair. Carrots also promote hair-growth and prevent premature greying.
Now you know that carrots can give you glowing skin, healthy hair, prevent ageing, protect from sun and also have anti-septic properties. So lets move on to other health benefits-
- Healthy eyes- Carrots are known to improve vision. They also protect from senile cataract. Their high Beta carotene content is responsible for this property of carrots.
- For teeth- Carrots are rich in fibre and calcium. These keep your teeth bright and healthy. munching carrots keeps mouth clean and makes gums strong. They prevent tooth decay.
- Body Cleansing– Carrots promote the waste-movement. They help in flushing out the toxins from body.
- Carrots for heart- Carrots reduce the levels of bad cholesterols and promote good cholesterols. Thus they prevent heart diseases.
Carrots against Cancer-
carrots reduce the risk of breast cancer, colon cancer and lung cancer. A rare component called Falcarinol is said to be responsible for this property of carrots.
Carrots help in relieving menstrual cramps. These also regulate blood flow. Carrots are also good to combat problems related to menopause.
Are you still reading? Just go and start munching on some crunchy carrots or gulp down a glass of fresh carrot juice
You might like reading these also:-
- 8 Ways to Get Rid of Dry Cuticles
- DIY – 2 recipes of Plumping lips Using Cinnamon
- Banana Boat Sport Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 Review
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick 170 Alarm Review & Swatches
- 15 Women Who Has The Most Beautiful Eyes In The World
- Forest Essentials Tejasvi Night Emulsion Review
- 5 Beautiful E.L.F. Blush Reviews
- Easy and Affordable DIY Multani Mitti Masks For Skin Blemishes
- Bourjois Ombre a paupieres in Bleu Magnetique 12 Review, Swatches & FOTD