Did u guys…umm…girls get anything form this year’s black Friday sale?? I didn’t, simply because I went crazy last year and bought everything I’ll need for the next 10 years! Okay, bit of an exaggeration there, but I’ll confess one of the things that held me back: I have a bunch of stuff (yes, not one or two but a whole bunch!!!) that I bought last year that are still spankin’ new and untouched And you know why?? Well, because I need to take pics for reviews before I start using them (of all things!). Believe it or not, that’s entirely true and I can’t believe how hopeless I am! So here’s a long-pending review… and some pretty old photos as well
About Coastal Scents Bionic Flat Top Buffer Brush:
Our Bionic Flat Top Buffer is perfect for buffing in foundation, blending in powders, and applying bronzer. The durable, dense bristles offer great control and a full coverage application.
Dimensions: 1.19″ (3.00 cm)
Ferrule: 2.00″ (5.10 cm)
Handle: 2.69″ (6.80 cm)
Bristle Type: Synthetic
What I like about Coastal Scents Bionic Flat Top Buffer Brush:
- Classy, black, matte-finish wooden handle that is lightweight yet sturdy
- Handle is of medium length making this easy to hold and use
- The compact size of this brush ensures that it fits easily into conventional pouches (unlike other long-handled brushes that won’t fit into your makeup pouch or purse)
- Steel ferrule is glued securely and does not ever wobble or come apart
- Bristles are super-soft, dense and splay about just enough to diffuse product evenly
- Has synthetic bristles and can thus be used with liquid, cream or powder formulations
- Works amazingly well with pressed powders, loose powders and mineral foundation
- Blends liquid foundation easily
- Easy to get full coverage since this picks up a good amount of product
- Buffs product well giving a smooth, non-streaky finish
- The flat-top with crisp edges makes this ideal for contouring, bronzing and for blush application as well.
- Does not shed a single hair even after repeated washes
- Although the tips of the bristles are grayish-brown and the rest creamy-white, the colors do not bleed
- Maintains its shape well
- Inexpensive when compared to flat-top brushes from other brands like Sigma, Mac, Shiseido and so on
- Good quality for the price
What I don’t like about Coastal Scents Bionic Flat Top Buffer Brush:
- Few bristles (about 4 or so) are sticking out from the top of my brush making this a tad unevenly cut. But this could be an issue with the piece I received and you may not end up with the same. (Otherwise, the flat-top is neat and retains its shape)
- Given the density of the bristles, this brush requires a bit of effort to wash-off liquid foundation and takes up to a day to dry completely after washing.
- Really wish it came with a bristle-guard. I end up having to use one from my Sigma collection to protect this while travelling.
- Available only through Coastal Scents official website and shipping charges to India is high
Flat-top brushes are amazing to work with and once you get used to one, there’s no looking back. This brush from Coastal Scents is my favorite brush to use with pressed powders. I’ve never touched a puff after this entered my life. It does blend foundation easily but I reserve this only for powders simply because I prefer using separate brushes for liquid and powder products. Nevertheless, it’s very versatile and can be used with bronzers, blush and contouring products. I’ve been using this brush for more than a year now and it’s easily one of my favorites of the lot I own. It still looks just the way it did when I first got it which affirms that it is a well-made, long-lasting tool. In fact, when I’ve had the time and space to carry only one brush while travelling, this is the one that has made it to my bag every single time. Highly recommend!
Have you tried Coastal Scents Bionic Flat Top Buffer Brush?
You might also like reading these:-
- MAC Eyeshadow Crème De Violet Review & Swatches
- 5 Pretty Lipglosses Reviews & Swatches
- MUA Out There Plumping Lip Gloss Pink Sugar Review & Swatches
- MAC Satin Lipstick VIVA GLAM II Review, Swatches & FOTD
- The Body Shop Vanilla Eau de Toilette Review
- Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Review
- Ayurveda for Skin Care & Hair Care