Hello beautiful faces, as you all know I have an extremely oily skin which is the biggest concern for me and cherry on the cake is acne and blemish prone areas on some part of my face. Generally Oily and blemish-prone skin tends to be greasy and shiny all over mainly on the cheeks, jaw line and the forehead. Pores tend to be enlarged and often visibly clogged as a result of over activity of sebaceous glands. When caring for oily skin, many people make the common mistake of using too strong products often containing alcohol to keep their skin oil free and matte. People also try to skip moisturizer out of fear of adding more oil and shine, but the truth is that light hydration containing healthy nutrients can be beneficial for balancing oil production, thereby helping to break the cycle of oil surges and treatment dry-out.
Natural ingredients that are particularly good for oily, blemish-prone skin include Rosewood, Tea Tree, Citrus fruits, Multani Mitti, Cucumber, Salicylic Acid, Lavender and Chamomile. Rosewood acts as an astringent and can help balance excess oil production. Tea Tree contains powerful antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help clear blemishes and prevent breakouts. Citric acid and Salicylic Acid help to remove dead skin, dirt and toxins, and unclog pores. Lavender contains astringent and antibacterial properties to help fight breakouts, and Cucumber has strong anti-inflammatory properties making it ideal for helping reduce oil and calm skin, Multani Mitti absorbs excess oil and check acne production as well. Using products that contains any of these ingredients can help keep oily skin looking clear and healthy without over-drying or irritating skin.
Today’s post is about making a toner at your home containing wonder ingredients to keep your oily and blemish prone skin clean, clear and problem free.
- ½ piece of Cucumber.
- ½ piece of Lemon.
- 25-30 leaves of Holy Basil(Tulsi).
- Small mixer jar(chutney jar)
- Tea strainer.
- First wash Tulsi leaves and keep them aside.
- Now properly wash Cucumber and cut it in pieces without peeling it.
- Take Tulsi leaves and Cucumber pieces and put these in Mixture jar.
- Turn on the blender and blend until the mixture becomes a paste.
- Take out this paste and put it in a strainer, and put this strainer on the top of a bowl.
- Let it be like that only for 6-7 minutes or till all the juice come out of this mixture.
- Take this juice in a bowl and to it add lemon juice to it.
- Be careful in adding lemon juice in the mixture so that you can easily tolerate it and don’t find the toner harsh or uncomfortable to apply on your delicate facial skin.
- Transfer this toner in a spray bottle and use it as required, either use it with the help of cotton swab or directly spray it on your face.
- Store this toner in refrigerator and use it at least twice a day. When-ever you apply this mixture on your face, leave under-eye and lips area. Let this toner be on your face for 20-25 minutes and then wash it with cold splashes of water.
- Wear sunscreen if you use the mask. Citric acid present in lemon can increase sun sensitivity.
- Do a patch test before using on your face. If you have any allergies to any of the ingredients, leave those ingredients out of the mask.
- You can add other ingredients to the mask, including mint or tomatoes.
- Adjust the amount of ingredients as per the quantity of toner that can be use for 4-5 days and after that prepare a fresh toner to use.
- If at any time you find that you are noticing a weird smell in the toner then discard it and use a fresh mixture to apply on your face.
Individual Benefits of the ingredients used in Tulsi Cucumber Lime Toner:
Benefits of Cucumber:
Cucumber is a powerful tonic for the skin and hairs. The astringent properties in cucumbers draw out dirt and cleanse the pores, making it a popular ingredient in oily skin or acne skin care. Cucumbers also contain silica, a trace mineral which contributes to help keeping skin clean and clear.
Benefits of Tulsi:
The holy tulsi also known as “queen of herbs” is considered sacred and is worshipped. The benefits and the powerful health remedies this holy plant offers make it highly popular in medications and several treatments. Tulsi has been found around 5000 years ago and is miraculous herbal remedy. Not only from religious prospect, but also from a health and beauty point of view, the benefits of tulsi are commendable and add great values in our life. Tulsi extracts keep skin glowing and keep blemishes at bay. Tulsi also keep acne at bay and improves skin texture over a period of time.
Benefits of lemon:
Lemon is a powerhouse of beauty when it comes to take care of oily skin. Lemon is a great astringent and can work wonders for oily acne prone skin. Using lemon juice on skin can help reduce the excess oiliness of the ski. Lemon juice is a natural antiseptic and can help clear sebum and dirt as well as bacteria which cause breakouts. Lemon juice is very effective to keep acne at bay and reduces redness too.Lemon juice also clear blemishes and helps reduce the appearance of scars and freckles too.
So ladies that’s all. Incorporate this toner in your daily skin care regime to acknowledge beautiful oil free, blemish free and acne free clear and glowy skin.
Have you tried Holy Basil for your skin?
You might also like reading these:-
- 7 Tips For Healthy Nails
- Interviewed Kangana For Cosmopolitan Magazine
- Lakme Absolute Forever Silk Eyeliner Electric Violet Review & Swatches
- Maybelline Pink Alert Lipstick POW 4 Review & Swatches
- Physicians Formula Super CC+ Cover Powder Review
- Sunsilk Natural Recharge’ Shampoo and Conditioner Review
- Lotus Herbals Velvety Rose Lip Therapy Review
- My Haul From Nykaa