Lotus Herbals Velvety Rose Lip Therapy Review – It finally time to say good bye to the longgg winters and welcome the sunny season. I, being a Leo female, just love the sunny weather and become more than happy with the changing climate…
Here is a review of a lip balm I am using since last month. As I wanted to try a non-tinted lip balm with SPF and this was all I was looking for so I picked this one. Read on further to know how I liked this one…!
About Lotus Herbals Velvety Rose Lip Therapy:
With a three action formula the brand claims the following features-
Rehydrates: Velvety Rose Lip Therapy imparts lips active moisturizing benefits of Shea and Kokum natural butters.
Heals: It heals dry, chapped and cracked lips.
Protects: Protects lips from Sun’s (UVA & UVB) to prevent darkening and sun induced damage.
Result: Smooth, supple and healthy lips
- Price: Rs 135 for 4g.
- Shelf Life: 3 years from mfg. date
- Key ingredients: Shea butter, Kokum butter and velvety rose extracts
- Directions: Apply evenly to lips. Use as frequently as required
- Packaging: This is a regular bullet shaped lip balm and comes out with a bottom twist feature. Lotus has the tub packaging lip balms too but the ease in applying bullet lip balms is unmatched in comparison to those.
- Color & Texture: This lip balm is wax like and melts instantly upon applying. The texture is soft and buttery. Being a non-tinted lip balm it doesn’t give any coverage so if you have pigmented lips, don’t buy this one…!
My experience with Lotus Herbals Velvety Rose Lip Therapy:
I wanted a lip balm just to protect my lips from the dry winds of the changing season and also provide sun protection. This is all what this lip balm does and that too effectively.
The claims of rehydrating and healing are very much true and I never had any issues of cracked or chapped lips throughout its use.
I am very fond of lip balms and prefer to apply that only on my lips when staying at home. I don’t have pigmented lips so I didn’t choose a tinted lip balm. My main concern was to keep the lips moist and soft.
It can be easily worn under your lip color to keep the lips moist so that the fine lines of the lips don’t show upon lipstick application…
The lip balm in the bullet was a bit hard to apply in the beginning and used to take time in gliding on the lips but soon it turned out to be smoother in application.
The color of the lip balm inside the bullet is light pink in shade but it didn’t give any hint of color on the lips and that is what I like the most as I didn’t buy it for that purpose…
What I like about Lotus Herbals Velvety Rose Lip Therapy:
- Economic price
- True to the claims
- Effective in moisturizing lips
- Protects lips from harmful sun rays
- Decent packaging
- Easy to carry along
- Stays for a good while on the lips
What I don’t like about Lotus Herbals Velvety Rose Lip Therapy:
- Initially the lip balm is hard and doesn’t glide easilyL
Product Rating: 3.75/5
Will I repurchase/ recommend?
Yes the current one is already finished so I will try another variant this time.
If you are looking for a tinted lip balm then don’t buy this.