Maybelline Lip Polish Pop 6 Review & Swatches – I admit I wasn’t too keen on these lip polishes but then shweta reviewed it and I wanted to try it out ASAP. So I went to the mall with the noble intention of buying glam 9 only but then something red caught my eye and I HAD to bring it home. I generally shy away from red but this one looked oh so gorgeous, I had to give in. let’s find out how this shade fared for me in detail.
About Maybelline Liquid Color balm by Color Sensational
A TRIO of CONCENTRATES:
1. Potent Color Extracts: Pure saturated color pigments that provide deep intense color like a lipstick.
2. Concentrated Liquid Balm: Moisturizing Liquid Conditioning Balm gets the lips ready for Intensely Rich color. Gives a soft Cushiony feel & care to the lips.
3. Glossy Shine Serum: Built-in glossy top-coat, that makes lips look fuller & more luscious.
Specially designed Leaf-shaped applicator which makes application quick & precise.
Ingredients: Octyldodecyl, Eopentanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated styrene/methy strene/indene copolymer, Hydrogenated Polycdecene, Hydrogenated styrene/butadiene copolymer, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Isosterate, Silica Dimethy Silylate, Pentylene Glycol, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Caprylyl Glycol, Isopropyl isostearate, Alumina Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Pentaerythrityl tetra-di-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, mel/honey, Magnesium Solicate, Tin Oxide, Sodium Hyluronate, Polyethylene, Terephthalate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer.
Price: INR 450 for 5 ml.
Packaging: It comes in a small rectangular transparent glass tube. Transparent body of the tube ensures ease of identification in case you have more than one shade. I quite liked the leaf shaped applicator.
My experience with Maybelline Lip Polish Pop 6:
It’s a gorgeous shade, one with the capability of brightening your face and mood in a jiffy. contains micro gold shimmer particles but they don’t show up on lips unless you are standing under direct sunlight. All you get is a perfect glossy s*xy pout.
Texture wise it’s pretty thick but then that helps it stick to the lips better and it stays on my lips for 4-5 hrs. On application it gives a mild tingling sensation which goes away within seconds. My lips cannot get enough of the delightful creamy formula.
This one is the most pigmented of the lot and one single swipe pack enough colour on the lips.
I am quite amazed at the fact that it doesn’t dry out the lips at all while fading and the shimmer particles also doesn’t travel all over the face.
What I like about Maybelline Lip Polish Pop 6:
- Superb moisturising light weight formula.
- Gorgeous shade.
- Brilliant staying power for a gloss.
- Stylish and travel friendly packaging.
- Love the leaf shaped applicator.
- Pout looks plumper.
- Best bet for beauties with pigmented lips.
What I don’t like about Maybelline Lip Polish Pop 6:
- Well! It transfers to cups. It’s not really a con for me but my sister just can’t stand it.
- Umm! Shimmer particles. Come on now!! For once give shimmer a chance. You might like it the way I did.
Final Verdict: I am highly impressed with the formula and I recommend these to each one of you. I am def. picking up more shades. Special shout out to nivyana. Babe your red hot lip swatches tempted me to try this shade and now I totally get your obsession.