I am back here with another review of one of the most raved about coral blush in the entire blogging world. I am a hoarder of blushers and I have always been obsessed with coral blushers. Do check my review and decide for yourself if you need this in your existing collection.
A long-wearing, supremely soft blush infused with Amazonian clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun.
Product Performance: This 12-hour blush universally benefits all skin types for a fade-free, flawless finish in shades ranging from soft to vivid and matte to shimmer to suit a wide variety of skin tones.
Powered By: Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place while also hydrating the skin naturally to restore moisture, reducing the appearance of dry, flaky skin.
Price & Net Weight: 26 $ for 5.6 grams.
Ingredient List of Tipsy:
tipsy: Talc, zinc stearate, polyethylene, tricaprylin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cera alba/beeswax/cire d’abeille, PEG-150 distearate, lanolin, laureth-4, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, kaolin, polysorbate 20, chlorphenesin, tetrasodium EDTA, potassium sorbate, mica. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Ultramarines (CI 77007), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742), red 7 lake (CI 15850, red 6 (CI 15850), red 27 lake (CI 45410), orange 4 lake (CI 15510).
My take on Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Tipsy:
Packaging: The blusher comes in a round pan kind packaging with its color exactly matching the blusher shade. List of ingredients along with other information is mentioned in the transparent carton provided and shade name along with net quantity is mentioned at the back of the pan. A round mirror is lodged at the inner cover of the pan. Beautiful pattern of Amazon river is drawn over the blusher surface.
Shade: ’Tipsy’ is a true coral blush which looks stunning in pan and looks equally good on my NC 42 skin tone. It has right amount of pink and orange in it, usually the coral blushers I find in India are more on the side pink family which I do not prefer except Kryolan blushers. Tipsy is a great choice for you guys if you are looking for a true coral blush.
Pigmentation: This blush is moderately pigmented which I prefer over highly pigmented ones as one would have control over application and won’t go overboard with it. So yes its good for beginners too. It blends beautifully giving nice coral hint to my cheeks.
Texture & Finish: The texture of the blush is soft but firm, so there is no product wastage while picking up the blush with brush. Its a matte blush with embedded coral microshimmers which gives a coral flush of color with a hint of a sheen. It can be drying for people with dehydrated and matured skin.
Staying Power: It has incredible staying power of 6 hours + on my combination skin without any skin primer. So its staying power can be enhanced further with a primer and makeup fixing spray. Even after 6 hours I could see coral tint on my cheeks.
Price vs Quality: Qualitywise it’s a decent blush with incredible staying power and moderate pigmentation. However, its sold at $ 26 which is an exorbitant amount for this blush. I would rather advise you guys to splurge on Nars or Mac blush than on this.
What I like about Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Tipsy:
- Shade ‘Tipsy’ is a gorgeous true coral shade, looks stunning.
- Enriched with skin loving minerals present in Amazonian clay.
- It does not contain parabens, petrolatum, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance or phthalates.
- Stays on my combination skin for more than 6 hours.
- Quantity provided in decent enough.
- A round mirror is provided, so useful for touch up.
- Its moderately pigmented, so it can be used by a beginner with ease.
- Blends beautifully on my skin without leaving stain or streaks.
- Wide range of shades are available.
- Its matte with embedded micro shimmer.
- It does not contain big chunky shimmers.
What I don’t like about Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Tipsy:
- Very pricy for the quantity and quality provided.
- Not available in India, so getting it is a major issue.
- Its bit drying, wont suit people with dry skin.
- It may look flat on you if you have very dry flaky skin.
- It may accentuate the pores.
- No Brush provided with it. (Not a con for me).
- It expires within 12 months
- Packaging: 4.5 out of 5
- Shade: 5 out of 5
- Pigmentation: 4 out of 5
- Quantity: 4 out of 5
- Texture & Finish: 3.75 out of 5
- Staying Power: 4.25 out of 5
- Price: 3 out of 5
- Availability: 2 out of 5
Overall Rating: 3.8 out of 5
Will I repurchase it? Only from blog sale, if someone sells these at great discount.
My Overall Recommendation: If you are looking for a true coral blush and do not mind the high price tag then I would recommend you to get at least this shade from the entire range, or else you can skip it and check other brands as there are several other high end brands available at this price tag.
Have you tried Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Tipsy?
You might also like reading these:-
- Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Airbrushing Pressed Powder Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Gloss Electric Shock Review & Swatches
- 10 Orange Face Pack Recipe For All Skin Types
- Best Coconut Hair Pack Recipe For Shiny Hair
- 7 Best Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Uneven Skin
- Baylis & Harding Sweet Mandarin & Grapefruit Body Wash Review