I love fruits as they are the sweetest gifts from Mother Nature to we human beings. There are lots of fruits available in market now a days and one such fruits is Pomegranate which is very beneficial when it comes to its various beauty benefits.
As per Google Pomegranate is a berry from the tree Punica granatum and all parts of the pomegranate plant has medicinal properties – the flower, leaves, fruit, oil, rind, bark, root and the juice. The therapeutic properties of pomegranates is because of a number of phytochemicals which include the ellagic acid, punicic acid (a polyunsaturated fatty acid), flavonoids, anthocyanidins, ellagitannins, anthocyanins as well as estrogenic flavones and flavonols. Pomegranate juice has been rated as having a better antioxidant (substances which protect the cells against the harmful free radicals in the body) level compared to green tea or red wine with an ORAC (antioxidant capacity) of 2,860 units per 100g. It is also rich in nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), potassium, polyphenols and fiber.
Research has shown that the punicic acid present in pomegranate seed oil prevents diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance, which is not dependent on dietary changes or the energy utilization of the body. Evidently, it also effectively reduces cholesterol besides having a favorable effect on lipid profile.The powerful anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties of pomegranate have been used by the beauty and cosmetic industry in the form of the pomegranate oil from the pomegranate seeds. This oil has miraculous healing properties.
So girls why not get the maximum out of this wonder fruit and make some face packs with the help of it.
Face pack for dry skin:
- 1 teaspoon crushed Pomegranate peel .
- 2 teaspoon Milk Creame.
- 1 teaspoon Besan.
- Take Pomegranate peel, grate it and crush.
- Alternatively you can also dry Pomegranate peel and make powder of it.
- Take 1 teaspoon of it and add Besan and Milk Creame to get a creamy consistency.
- Now apply it on your face leaving under-eye and lip area.
- Let it stand for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off to get a smooth soft skin.
Milk creame provides natural moisturization to the skin and keep skin discoloration at bay. Besan deeply cleanses the skin and keep it soft and supple. Antioxidants present in Pomegranate encourage cell regeneration; increase skin elasticity; and protect the outer epidermal layer of the skin resulting in soft and glowy skin.
Face pack for Combination Skin:
- 1 teaspoon Pomegranate Juice.
- 2-3 drops of Almond oil.
- 1 teaspoon Rice flour.
- Take one Pomegranate, peel it and take seeds out of it. Now crush the seeds to get the juice.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Pomegranate juice and to it add Almond oil and Rice flour. Mix them well to get a creamy consistency.
- Apply this face pack leaving under-eye and lips area. Let it stand for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Almond oil is a natural moisturizer and provides a healthy glow to face and also keep skin spot less. Rice flour helps in removing tanning and also deeply cleanses the pores. Pomegranate helps in clearing blemishes and also keep wrinkles at bay.
Face packs for oily skin:
- 1 teaspoon of Pomegranate juice.
- 1 teaspoon of Black gram powder.
- Take Pomegranate juice and keep it in a bowl.
- Take black gram (Kala Chana) and grind it finely.
- Add this powder to Pomegranate juice and mix well.
- You can also add Rose water to get a thinner consistency.
- Let this face pack stand on your face for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off.
Pomegranate juice removes skin blemishes and also keep acne at bay. Gram powder removes excess oil from the skin and put a check on black heads. This powder removes the deeply seated grime from your pores also keep skin soft and glowy.
Ladies that’s it. These face packs are easy to made and effective on use, so without wasting any time get some Pomegranate and whip a mask as per your skin type. Untill next time stay beautiful and stay tuned to Wise She.
You might also like to checkout the video
Have you used pomegranate for your skin?
You might also like reading these:-