We all know the importance of Ubtans-when it comes to take care of our skin and keeping it in a beautiful and healthy state. Since ages Indian culture is used by ladies to not only enhances beauty but also to cure various skin ailments by virtue of their antifungal, antibacterial, antiperspirant, deodorant and skin-toning properties, thereby ruling out the possibilities of skin infections. Naturally made ubtans serves the multipurpose role of cleanser, astringent, stimulant, and skin-tonic all at the same time. By its revitalizing, exfoliating, refreshing and refining actions, ‘Ubtan’ helps in making the skin glowing in complexion and making it appear luscious and hydrated.
Ubtan not only enhances the overall appearance of our skin but also gives protection from various skin problems including acne, pimples, blemishes, white patches, freckles, blackheads, etc. Its regular usage prevents the occurrence of premature wrinkles, removes scars, and helps to lighten the complexion by cleaning the impurities deeply seated in pores and by removing the layer of dead cells.
Basically Ubtan is home-made grounded herbal powder that is used to clean and rejuvenate our skin. As already mentioned due to its distinctive composition, Ubtan can be used as soap, scrub, and a nourishing mask at the same time. Ubtans can be prepared easily at homes by using various ingredients which are easily available around us. This fine-milled ingredients when combined with different liquids like yogurt, fruit juices, rose waters and various herbal potions and extracts results in a gentle creamy paste that can be applied easily on face.
In my various posts I have written about various DIY tips which are simple and effective as well. Today Iam writing about a super-effective face pack the ingredients of which are easily available and are well-known for their beneficial effects on our delicate skin.
- 1 teaspoon dried Neem powder.
- 1 teaspoon Multani mitti powder.
- 1 teaspoon dried Orange peel powder.
- A pinch of Turmeric.
- Curd as per requirement.
- First of all take a handful of Neem leaves and wash them thoroughly with water.
- Make it sure that leaves are healthy and don’t have any holes on them.
- Now dry this leaves naturally. Don’t keep this directly under sun light for long. Instead keep them under sun maximum for 2-3 hours then keep it in shade and let it dry.
- When the leaves are in a dried state, crush them and make a fine powder. Instead you can take a piece of Multani Mitti (dhela) and grind it in a mixer jar to get powder of it.
- Take Orange peel wash it and let it dry in the same way you’ve dried neem leaves.
- Don’t make very fine powder of Orange peel instead keep it a little coarse so that your ubtan can also act as a scrub.
- In a bowl take Multani Mitti, Neem Powder, Orange peel powder a pinch of Turmeric and mix them well.
- Now to this mixture add Curd to get a creamy consistency.
How to apply?
- On a clean face apply a generous layer of this ubtan leaving under eye and lips area.
- Let it stand for 15-20 minutes and when it is in semi dry state, take some milk apply it over this layer and start scrubbing this ubtan lightly with your fingers in circular motion.
- Completely remove the ubtan and clean your face using lukewarm water.
- Pat your face dry and apply a gentle moisturiser on the face to seal in the benefit of this ubtan.
- Neem provides an effective remedy in tackling problems such as blackheads, whiteheads and large pores. Neem is super effective when it comes to cure acne and skin infection. Neem also controls excessive oil secretion by sebaceous gland as neem is also an excellent toner. When used regularly, neem works as an excellent agent to prevent wrinkles, fine lines and age spots.
- Multani Mitti makes an excellent cleansing component which offers highly absorbent qualities. It is abundant in minerals and when applied on the skin it helps attaining a natural flawless skin. When applied on the skin it hardens slowly as it dries, and thus aids in absorbing the lifeless cells present on the skin surface making it oil free and moisturized. The nutrient in the fuller’s earth hydrates the skin thus leaving it smooth and glowing.
- Orange peel protects skin from free radical damage. By absorbing excess oil it keep acne at bay and promotes a healthy skin glow. Vitamin C present in Orange peel helps in deeply cleansing pores and preventing fresh break-outs. Orange peel also keeps skin moisturised and enhances glow on your face.
- Turmeric naturally lightens the skin complexion and improves skin texture with regular usage. There is a host of skin care benefits associated with turmeric, including the treatment of acne blemishes, blackheads, dark spots and hyper pigmentation and other skin conditions like eczema and various fungal infections. It helps heal and prevent dry skin, and to slow the skin aging process, and is used to diminish wrinkles, keep skin supple and improve skin’s elasticity.
- Curd: Nutrients present in Curd contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce red swellings caused by acne or rashes and also have mild anti-astringent properties that help tighten tissues. Also necessary for cell reproduction and growth of tissues, minerals present in Curd reduces the size of acne and pimples. Curd also helps regulate oil production in the sebaceous glands thereby preventing oily skin and frequent acne breakouts. Curd lightens skin tone and is one of the best remedy to cure tan.
Although this Ubtan is suitable for oily skin girls with dry skin can also use this mask by replacing Multani Mitti with Besan or Rice flour so girls what are you waiting for? Prepare this face mask for a skin that is radiantly beautiful healthy and free from various skin ailments.
Until next time take care and stay tuned to Wise She.
Have you tried any similar face pack?
You might also like reading these:-
- All About Cleansing Waters
- Wise She Meet The Blogger Series – Dr Harsha Joshi
- Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color 970 Purty Persimmon Review & Swatches
- 8 Best Foods to Fight Ageing|8 Anti Aging Foods
- h2o Plus Face Oasis Cleansing Water Review
- Loreal Paris Colour Riche Moist Matte Lipstick Raspberry Syrup Review & Swatches
- 5 Pretty L’Oreal Eyeshadows Reviews & Swatches