ELF Studio Radiance Enhancer in Spotlight – Review and Swatches
Hey all beauty geeks!!! Once I discovered my HG bronzer for contouring i.e. Sonia Kashuk Cream Bronzer, I set out to complete my contouring kit. Though I have few powder highlighters and shimmers, the glow of a liquid highlighter is unbeatable. Further, powder highlighter may enhance fine lines and wrinkles on a mature skin. As always, I started with lower spectrum of the products offered and after much contemplation, picked up a creamy liquid highlighter from ELF. Read further to know was I second time lucky or the quest for a perfect highlighter still continues???
About ELF Studio Radiance Enhancer:-
ELF Studio Radiance Enhancer is a prime offering from ELF. These radiance enhancers are supposedly ‘inspired’ from MAC Prep n Prime illuminators. The website describes the product as:
‘This multi-use highlighter instantly transforms and enhances features with its glowing veil of warmth and luminosity. When used or layered for optimum effect, it reduces the appearance of dullness, dark circles and minimized discoloration. The lightweight, velvety formula provides a fresh and silky finish for a healthy and natural looking lit-from-within glow. ‘
- Price : $3.00 for .13oz.
- Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil, Sorbitol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Oxides (CI77491, CI77891, CI 77861), Mica.
- Directions: Apply over makeup, or use alone for just a touch of radiance. Click formula up onto brush and apply to brow bones, cheek bones, inner corners or the eye, or cupids bow for a light-catching finish!
My take on ELF Studio Radiance Enhancer in Spotlight:-
ELF Studio Radiance Enhancer comes in three shades – Spotlight, Sunrise and Golden. I chose Spotlight as it was the subtle of the three shades. ELF Radiance Enhancer is basically a creamy highlighter in a click-pen type packaging. You need to twist the pen to get the highlighter out. This step really boggles me as first I click like zillion times to get the product out and then there is river of highlighter flowing from the pen!!! Grrr. I normally dispense the product on back of my hand and then use my fingers to apply and gently tap to blend it. You need to be really careful while blending as it tends to move your foundation beneath.
The radiance enhancer in spotlight is a pale pinkish color with silver sheen. It is not shimmery or sparkly. Blends like a dream. But dont blend much. The highlighter might disappear completely.
Texture: The highlighter has a thin creamy consistency and feels really light on the skin. Does not feel sticky at all. When blended, it gives a radiant glow with a silky finish. It does not have any chunks of glitter in it. Just pure natural glow
- Pigmentation: The pigmentation is decent. You do not need much to get the glow glowing. The trick is not to blend much as too much blending makes the highlighter vanish in the skin.
- Staying Power: Lasts for around 3-4 hours.
- Packaging: The packaging makes the product looks expensive. The highlighter comes in a thick black twist pen with bristles for applying. It is perfect to carry around for reapplication and travelling.
What I love about ELF Studio Radiance Enhancer in Spotlight:-
- Gives a pearlescent glow to the skin.
- Does not have glitter or sparkle.
- Blends easily.
- Creamy consistency without being sticky.
- Can work for daytime wear as well.
- No disco ball effect.
- Decent staying power.
- Travel friendly packaging.
- Excellent quality for the price.
- Touted to be the dupe of Benefit’s High Beam.
- Definitely better than ELF Facial whips.
- No animal testing.
What I do not love about ELF Studio Radiance Enhancer in Spotlight:-
- Pens dispense too much product at times.
- Too much blending can disappear the product.
- Need to reapply again for longer wear.
- Unavailability in India.
I really like the highlighter and will continue using it. But will refrain from calling it my HG highlighter as of now. ELF Radiance Enhancer in Spotlight is a very affordable way to experiment with creamy highlighters. Definitely recommend!!!
WiseShe Rating– 4/5
You might like reading these also:-
- Along Came Betty Gentle Skin Buffer Say You Scrub Me Review
- Pros and Cons Of Fish Pedicure
- 10 Easy Hairstyles For Beach Holiday
- ELF Studio Blush Palette in Light Review & Swatches
- MAC PRO Eyeshadow Deep Damson Review & Swatches
- Syringoma- Causes and Removal
- How To Exfoliate Lips With Infant Toothbrush
- DIY – 3 Face Packs Using Pomegranate
- Acure Organics Pure Mint & Echinacea Steam Cell Shampoo
- Color Club Nail Lacquer Revvvolution Review & NOTD
- Benefits Of Beer For Hair And Skin