This is part of MAC PRO EYESHADOW line and was one of the first PRO Products I purchased in India. Their PRO Shades are excellent, smooth and buttery but nothing very exciting I must say, there are very limited shades or say BASIC SHADES for everyday use but with great colour payoff.
Size – 1.5 gm,
Price – 950/- INR (REGULAR line refills are for 720/- INR), Available at MAC PRO STORES
My experience with MAC PRO Eyeshadow Deep Damson:
Shade – DEEP DAMSON is deep dark burgundy brown shade with warm red tones to it, looks a little flat in pan. The shade is not very unique but as its matte it is great for everyday use.
Texture – It is from MATTE range but it looks like MATTE2 which is super soft, creamy and buttery to feel, very fine in texture but no fallouts. I adore this finish for the creamy finish and how well they can be used. The finish is very famous but the basic shades which it offers are awesome to work in crease.
Pigmentation – You can see in finger swatch, it does looks quite pigmented but was way too difficult to swatch on hand. It is nicely pigmented but did require a little layering and some extra effort in blending the shade.
Staying power – With primer underneath it tends to stay whole day with minor fading after 7 – 8 hrs but if you don’t use primer it doesn’t show up easily.
MAC Pro Deep Damson in the Crease
What I like about MAC PRO Eyeshadow Deep Damson:
- I love the colour and especially for the crease as its matte.
- The matte texture is super smooth and creamy.
- It is creamy but not at all powdery to feel nor there any fallouts.
- I love how well it stays without any fading.
What I don’t like about MAC PRO Eyeshadow Deep Damson:
- It does require proper coordination to make this colour work; else it may look flat and muddy.
- The pigmentation is not that great as compared to other MATTE shades available.
- It can be little difficult to blend smoothly; without any patchiness.
Ratings – 4/5
After using this eye shadow I can very well understand why some shades are meant to be used by PRO , it is little difficult to work as , if you don’t incorporate proper shades it may look muddy and flat . To bring out the purple in this I feel cool toned shades works nicely else it may look more brown and lifeless.
Have you tried MAC PRO Eyeshadow Deep Damson?
You might also like reading these:-