Today I am going to review my first satin lipstick from Mac’s permanent collection. Just read on my review guys to know whether I love it or chuck it.
Mac describes Retro satin lipstick as ‘muted peachy pinky brown’shade.
Price: Rs 1190 for 3 Grams.
Ingredients List: Castor Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Candelilla Wax, Octyldodecanol, Jojoba Oil, Cera Alba, Sesame Oil, Ozokerite, Carnauba Wax, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Tocopherol
Lipsticks may contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 30 Lake
My Take on Mac Satin Lipstick in Retro:
Packaging: It comes in the usual black bullet kind packaging with mac logo engraved on it. I love this no fussy, classy black packaging a lot. It screams out Class! The shade name alongwith its finish is mentioned at bottom of the lipstick tube. The bullet packaging is quite sturdy. Complete list of ingredients is mentioned in the outer carton.
Shadewise: Mac describes ‘Retro’ as muted peachy pinky brown’ shade. I totally agree with the Mac description. Its one of the most gorgeous brick reddish brown shade with peachy tones. This is a shade which I would recommend everyone to try .Its a must have shade to keep in ur closet. I can wear this shade just anywhere guys, in a marriage function, in an evening outing, at my office place too. It complements my warm skin tone really well.
Pigmentation & Coverage: Retro is a highly pigmented shade, with one swipe it gives nearly full coverage and with two swipes I get opaque coverage. It feels like butter on lips. It applies evenly on lips without getting streaky.
Texture & Finish: Mac lipsticks come in several kinds of finish and shades. The shade Retro comes with satin finish. Inititally it feels like butter on lips, shade looks highly pigmented with shine. My lips look fuller and healthy. It does not accentuate my fine lines when applied. After couple of hours, it makes my lips bit dry and flaky. After 3-4 hours it makes my lips very dry, my lips feel the desperate need of hydration. This lipstick does not hydrate my lips at all. I felt it made my lips even drier than what I feel whenever I use a matte lipstick from Mac.
Staying Power: This lipstick stays on my lips for 4-5 hours easily, it does not fade evenly and It leaves soft pink tint to lips.
Availability: This shade is a part of their permanent collection, so you will find it at stores. However, this shade is mostly out of stock due to its high demands.
What I liked about Mac Cremesheen Lipstick Apres Chic?
- -Mac lipsticks are enriched with jojoba oil, sesame oil, castor oil.
- -One of the most gorgeous reddish brown lipstick from Mac.
- -It makes my lips look fuller.
- -Stays on my lips for 4-5 hours easily.
- -It fades quite unevenly leaving beautiful pink tint.
- -Its highly pigmented.
- -It builds up to full coverage with two swipes.
- -Versatile shade, I can wear this shade just anywhere.
What I did not like about Mac Cremesheen Lipstick Apres Chic?
- -Price is 1190, which is highly steep for a 3 gram lipstick.
- -It made my lips drier and flaky at the end of the day.
- -It does not hydrate my lips even 1 %.
- -I won’t repurchase this lipstick solely because of its drying formula.
- Packaging: 4.5 out of 5
- Shade: 4.5 out of 5
- Pigmentation: 4.5 out of 5
- Texture & Finish: 3 out of 5
- Staying Power: 4 out of 5
Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
My Overall Recommendation: Mac lipstick ‘Retro’ from permanent collection of Mac is one of the most gorgeous brick red brown lipstick with satin finish. It gives opaque coverage with two swipes and stays for 4-5 hours on lips easily. With multiple swipes, it gets patchy. I so so loved the shade, but formula wise its a loser for me. It made my lips drier and flaky at the end of the day. For whole day my lips were craving for hydration. Initially it feels lightweight, but with passing hours it feels heavy and uncomfortable. Considering the price and formula, I wont recommend this lipstick but yes shade wise its an absolute winner.
Ps: Sorry for the the tired looking FOTD. I had taken this pic after returning back home.
Have you tried MAC Satin Lipstick Retro?
You might also like reading these:-
- 15 Reasons Why We Should Use Oil In Beauty & Skin Care
- L’Oreal Paris Color Infaillible Eye Shadow Hourglass Beige Review & Swatches
- Hip Hop Strawberry Face Scrub Review
- Neem For Beauty, Skin & Hair
- Urban Decay NAKED 3 Palette Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Revlon Matte Lip Balm Standout Review & Swatches
- All About Cleansing Waters