Hey all beauty geeks!!! Dont’t you love when a drugstore brand offers you a dupe for an expensive brand??? I am crazy for such products. More than the product, I am keen to find out the hype behind such releases. One such product which caught my fancy was ‘Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks’. Always wanted to try it out, but the price made me question my intentions. So, when I found out Physicians Formula offers a very similar product, I made a quick trip to the store and picked this beauty.
About Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush and Eye Shadow:
Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush and Eye Shadow is a part of the permanent line of Physicians Formula cosmetics. The company describes the product as:
- ‘All shades blend together for the ultimate glamorous, tan glow.
- Use all over face as a Bronzer, sweep over cheeks as a Blush or use each individual shade as an Eye Shadow.
- Silky smooth texture for a radiant complexion. ‘
Price : $12.95 for 8.5g.
Ingredients: TALC, MICA, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, ZINC STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, WATER, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, CETYL DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, ULTRAMARINES, FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, CARAMINE, YELLOW 5 LAKE.
- As a Bronzer: sweep brush through all five shades and dust lightly over face where light naturally hits for the most flattering look.
- As a Blush: sweep through all five shades and dust lightly over cheeks to highlight and accentuate
- As an Eye Shadow: to add sheen to eyes, use a medium shade on the eyelid and a dark shade in the crease of the eyelid to contour, add a highlighting effect by applying the lightest shade in the compact just under the brows.
My take on Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush and Eye Shadow in Miami Strip/Healthy Glow:
Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush and Eye Shadow is available in 6 different shades to suit different skin tones. I picked up Miami strip which is the second darkest in the series. I love the entire concept of this product. This looks so intriguing and attractive at the same time. And it is true that it can be used in multiple ways. I picked it up to use as a highlighter. I can go light or heavy handed depending on the look I am going for and it gives a subtle sheen, which is not at all glittery or shimmery. Already a winner for me I will suggest not to use as a blush as its too shiny for that. As a bronzer, you can use it for a sun kissed glow, but a big NO for contouring. And for eye shadow, I discovered it later that it is a brilliant palette for a bronzy eye look.
The palette contains five properly demarcated strips. The shades range from lighter to darkest colors:
- Pale frosty pink.
- Pale gold.
- Medium gold.
- Medium bronze.
- Medium brown.
All the colors have a beautiful sheen to them. There is no matte color as expected from the name.
Texture: All the colors are creamy to touch. They are easy to blend and not powder at all. They give a radiant glow without any shimmers.
Pigmentation: Good medium pigmentation. I prefer highlighters and bronzers having medium pigmentation so that you do not end up looking all ‘shiny disco’.
Staying Power: Stays for an entire day.
Packaging: The shimmer strips come in a no frill, plastic square case. The case closes with a click. It is a transparent packaging which feels a little bulky.
What I likee about Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Miami Strip/Healthy Glow Bronzer:
- Great multitasker.
- Gives a subtle glow as a highlighter.
- Amazing neutral color gradient for an eye shadow look.
- Decent pigmentation.
- Creamy texture.
- Blends easily.
- Affordable dupe of Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks.
- Sturdy packaging.
- Long staying power.
- Hypoallergenic. Fragrance-free.
- Dermatologist approved.
What I do not love about Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush and Eye Shadow in Miami Strip/Healthy Glow:
- Packaging is not as attractive as other Physicians Formula products.
- Entire range has only bronzy shades.
- Shimmer may catch light, so may not be good for flash photography.
- Unavailability in India.
I love the ease of not carrying a separate eye shadow palette and a highlighter while travelling. Works brilliantly as a highlighter, shimmery bronzer and a neutral eyeshadow palette. Must buy at least for trying out a unique and affordable product. Definitely recommended!!!
Have you tried Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Miami Strip/Healthy Glow Bronzer ?
You might also like reading these:-
- DIY – Homemade Amla & Onion Hair Fall Treatment
- Oxyglow Honey & Papaya Enzymes Scrub Review
- Feeling Bronzy With Physicians Formula Organic Wear Blush Bronzer
- Sonia Kashuk All Covered Up Concealer in Wheat Review & Swatches
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick in Maple Mocha Review & Swatches
- Hurraw! Lime Lip Balm Review
- 10 Easy & Beautiful Mehndi Designs For The Back Of Hand
- Along Came Betty Gentle Skin Buffer Say You Scrub Me Review
- Pros and Cons Of Fish Pedicure