It is already 44degrees here, burnt, boiled and devastated in this heat, I don’t feel like applying any makeup other than a dash of kohl and a pretty lipstick. For this summer, I was looking for a lipstick that will be softly pigmented, moisturizing on my ever dry lips and add that special prettiness to my lips. So shopping comes in my rescue. I got hold of this chubby stick from Victoria Secret, named “Manic Pink”; see how it fares
About Victoria’s Secret Glossy Tint:
Shine. Sparkle. Steal the spotlight. Glossy Tint Lip Sheen gives you a hint of shiny color for lips that feel soft, smooth and moisturized. Glamorous with signature VS stripes, it’s a grab-and-go makeup essential.
PRICE: 9$ for 2.2g
My experience Victoria’s Secret Glossy Tint Manic Pink:
PACKAGING: It comes in a chubby retractable stick. The color of the stick is the same as the product inside so easy to detect shades. I find these lip crayons very cute, easy to use and travel friendly.
SHADE: “Manic Pink” is a very pretty rose pink, which is subtle, yet bright and cheerful. It just brightens up the whole look. The shade looks so soothing to eyes and is a fun shade to wear in this hot sultry weather.
TEXTURE: The texture is very soft, glides easily and leaves lips moisturized with a wet shinny look and doesn’t feel heavy.
PIGMENTATION: It is sheer upon first swipe, but is build able if you want to pack more of a punch on the lips.
STAYING POWER: It stays on me for 3hours at max that too without munching in between. But somehow I love this kind of texture, staying power and pigmentation in this weather. It leaves a pretty tint behind.
Summing up my “LIKES” and “DISLIKES”:
What I like about Victoria’s Secret Glossy Tint Manic Pink:
- Breezy Pink.
- Comfortable, easy to wear color, neither too dull, nor too bright.
- Juicy, wet-looking lips.
- Beautifully moisturizing.
- Smooth texture, glides on easily.
- Non sticky and light weighted.
- Softly pigmented.
- Fair staying power.
- Doesn’t bleed.
- Doesn’t settle into lines.
- No messy sharpening required.
- Not very expensive.
What I don’t like about Victoria’s Secret Glossy Tint Manic Pink:
- Semi sheer, so if you have pigmented lips and are looking for full coverage, this shade is not for you.
- The balm tends to melt in the summers and stick to the walls, which can be avoided by putting them upright all the time.
- Poor cap, which after few uses, becomes loose.
Would I recommend VICTORIA SECRET Manic Pink to others??
Looking for the perfect summer shade? One that’s bright but not too bold, with the perfect pink color to it? Here it is…
Final Thoughts: Lately it has become my day to day shade. I find myself reaching to this lippy every now and then. It provides me with the right amount of color, right amount of moisturisation and a fair pigmentation and staying power. To me it is a perfect clean pink, with no browns, oranges and red to it, a perfect for hot sultry summers…(aahhmm..Though sometimes it pictures reddish pink.. )
Have you tried Victoria’s Secret Glossy Tint Manic Pink ?
You might also like reading these:-
- ELF Cream Eyeliner in Teal Tease Review & Swatches
- Kryolan Ikonic Gel Eyeliner Navy Review & Swatches
- 3 Easy Steps On How To Get Chiseled Cheekbones
- Lotus Herbals Moistpetals Lipstick Burgundy 111 Review & Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow Star Violet Review & Swatches
- 10 Best Hairstyles Of Sonam Kapoor