Hey all beauty geeks!!!
If you are a makeup or a fashion addict like me, you are aware that ‘Orange is the color of the season’. Different hues of orange have been spotted on runways and events on various celebrities. How can we stay behind on this trend??? I, too, jumped on this bandwagon and picked up some beautiful shades of orange. I have been loving random hues of orange on my lips to declare the onset of spring. Wet n Wild Purty Persimmon is one of those colors and I am so excited to review it today for you all.
About Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color:-
Wet n Wild Cosmetics is an affordable and high quality brand based out of Los Angeles. Mega Last Lip color is permanent and one of the most popular products. The company describes these lipsticks as:
‘Lips take center stage! This 4-hour, longwearing lip color leaves a semi-matte, crème finish in one stroke. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn’t cake, feather, or bleed. Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins A & E help smooth lips.
- Price : $2.29.
- Ingredients: Ozokerite, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisosterate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Mineral Oil, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Myristyl Lactate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Myristyl Myristate, Polysilicone 6, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Myristyl Laurate, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Propylparaben, Cholesteryl Hydroxystearate, BHT, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ubiquinone, May Contain (+/-):, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985)
My take on Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color 970 Purty Persimmon:
I am crazily in love with bright colors. Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color 970 Purty Persimmon intensifies that passion. Purty Persimmon is a red-based coral shade. However, it looks more orange on me because of my warm undertones. I don’t mind that I have swatched it with Wet n Wild Coraline (already reviewed) to show the difference between the two. Purty Persimmon is less red as compared to Coraline. It is also considered as a close dupe for Mac Sail La Vie and Mac Chaud.
This shade of orange has become my summer alternative to red lipsticks. I love how it makes me look so fresh and put together with just one swipe.
- Texture: The lipstick has creamy consistency with matte texture. This ensures the smoothest color on the lips without making it too shiny. My lips don’t look/feel dry because of the matte texture.
- Pigmentation: The pigmentation makes this lipstick the winner. The lipstick dispenses an opaque and intense color in just one swipe. Goes on easily on the lips and drench them with pretty color.
Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color 970 Purty Persimmon Swatches:
- Staying Power: Stays for more than 4 hours and wears down leaving behind an even stain.
- Packaging: The lipstick comes in a standard plastic tube with a clear cap and black bottom. The name and the shade of the lipstick are mentioned on the bottom. The bullet does not twist back completely and thus, you can see the color of the lipstick through the clear cap.
- Smell: Has a faint smell to it that vanishes in few seconds.
What I love about Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color 970 Purty Persimmon:
- Gorgeous color.
- Impressive pigmentation.
- Swipes easily.
- Long staying power.
- Hydrating feel on the lips.
- No feathering/bleeding around lips.
- Semi-matte comfortable finish on the lips.
What I do not love about Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color 970 Purty Persimmon:
- Transfers easily and can be messy.
- May dry lips because of matte texture.
- The cap of the lipstick scratches the bullet while closing as the lip bullet does not twist back fully.
- May show up as red on people with cooler undertones.
- Fragile packaging.
- Unavailability in India.
- Final Impression:The affordability and the amazing pigmentation make this lipstick a favorite in my collection. I can look at owning almost all the shades of the collection. Definitely recommended!!!
- Rating– 4/5
Make sure that you check out the video of Anamika’s 5 favorite Wet N Wild MegaLast Lipsticks
Have you tried Wet n Wild Mega last lip color 970?
You might like reading these also:-
- China Glaze Nail Lacquer Flyin’ High Review and NOTD
- DIY – 3 Face Pack Recipes Using Pistachio
- Maybelline Express Finish 40 Seconds Nail Paint – Rosen Pearly Pink & Éclat Brassy Review & NOTD
- 5 Best Natural Eye Pads For Puffy Eyes
- L’Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin Review
- My Haul From ELF
- Bharat & Dorris Cream Eye Liner in No.4 Review, Swatches & FOTD
- 13 Reasons Behind Hair Fall
- Dr.brandt Microdermabradon Body Exfoliating Cream Review