By Sristy Sagar
Coconut, as we hear this name we start imagining delicious dishes but did you know that its milk is enough good to promote your hair growth and can give you parlour like shine? Yes you heard me right it is really beneficial for hair and skin too. Don’t get confused with coconut oil; it is far different from coconut oil. And it can be easily created at home. Our hair daily suffer from pollution which lead to become so dull and damaged but coconut milk is the one way solution of all hair problems.
Let’s take a quick look on coconut milk recipe:
The only ingredient you need is one coconut.
- Break the coconut into two halves and then grates these pieces with the help of a grater.
- Then take a clean muslin or cotton cloth and put some grated coconut over it and squeeze the milk out in a bowl.
- After squeezing all the milk that grated coconut, filter the milk to avoid the minute pieces of grated coconut.
- Then pour this milk in a preheated pan and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Then allow it to cool down and then freeze it.
- Now your coconut milk is ready.
How to apply coconut milk:
- Now dip a cotton ball into this milk and apply it on your scalp, roots, and tips and all over the hair.
- Good blood circulation is an important factor in growing hair, so massage your scalp as it will help to increase blood circulation.
- Now cover your hair with a hair cap and leave them for a few hours.
- Then wash them with a mild shampoo.
Now you can see the results of your hard work. Use this therapy every weekend and trust me you won’t regret.
Here comes another advantage of this milk. Coconut milk can also be used in deep conditioning. Let’s see it works.
Coconut milk as a deep conditioner:
Ingredients to be used: coconut milk, honey and hair oil.
- Take some coconut milk in a bowl and add a bit of oil in it and mix well.
- Now add some honey in this mixture and heat it for 2-3 minutes.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and hair properly and leave for half an hour.
- Now wash your hair with shampoo.
Do this therapy doubly a week. It will give a lustrous look to your hair.
Have you tried making coocnut milk at home?
You might also like reading these:-