These new launches I tell you, stir a lot of excitement in beauty lovers and it is not always that the product comes out to be a star. Imagine the level of disappointment then. I’ll be talking of one such product today, which really gave me an ‘inverted smiley face’. Read on.
Price: INR 400.You may get it here.
About Lakme 9 to 5 Crease-Less Lip Balm Rose Affair:
Caress your lips with a tinge of peach, or stroke them up with sinful caramel. Settle for the classic pink, or try a rosy spark for a change. Would you love some playful ginger at times, or maybe the charming coral glow? Lakme 9 to 5 Crease-less Lip Balm is your everyday office essential available in six vivacious shades. Its ultra-creamy texture glides smoothly on your lips, covering the creases. SPF 15, vitamin E, olive oil and jojoba oil keep them nourished and healthy.
- Every day office essential.
- Ultra creamy texture.
- Easy glide on the lips.
- SPF 15 protection.
- Just the right hint of color.
- Contains vitamin E, olive oil and jojoba oil for nourishing lips.
My experience with Lakme 9 to 5 Crease-Less Lip Balm Rose Affair:
So, lakme introduced the new attraction- cease less lip balms. What does that mean? Lip balms that would not cause any crease formation on your lips.. eh? Ok whatever they were intended to be, they are pathetic in reality. They come in a tube form from which the liquid balm has to be pressed out for application. Packaging has no flaws; it is absolutely apt.
Coming to the texture, it is flowy kind of balm as you can see in the hand swatch. If you apply it directly on your lips from the tube, it won’t come out to be even in any case. It looks all messy on the lips. If you try applying with your finger tips, it won’t help either. It will come out to be even only with brush application but who does that for a lip balm? At least I wouldn’t do that daily with a lip balm. Pigmentation is neither usual balm like sheer, nor like a lip color. It is a flowy liquid kind of lip balm which does not seem to set on the lips that easily.
The shade is a light peachy one which would not suit 99% of the Indians I am sure. I have somehow made it appear a bit pleasing for the swatches but it is not the case in reality. It washes me out completely. Then I thought, maybe I could use it beneath another lip color, but it has got a lot of shimmer which again I do not like at all. To top it all, it has too sweet smell oozing out to irritate your nose as you apply.
It does moisturise your lips, being a lip balm, but why such a fancy attempt when it could have worked better as a simple traditional lip balm. I simply fail to understand why they made this lip balm with INR 400 price tag and pathetic product content.
The only things good are the packaging and moisturising ability but I am still happy with my Maybelline lip balm. Suddenly I feel so much respect and love increasing for the Maybelline ones having used this from lakme.
I would not recommend this at all.
Why I like Lakme 9 to 5 Crease-Less Lip Balm Rose Affair:
- The packaging is thoughtful and good.
- It moisturises the lips really well.
- Provides sun protection.
Why I do not like Lakme 9 to 5 Crease-Less Lip Balm Rose Affair:
- The texture is pathetic.
- The pigmentation is neither sheer balm like not lip color like. It is a watery lip color which does not seem to settle on the lips.
- The shade is not according to the Indian skin.
- Over sweet fragrance.
- Shimmer does not make sense in a lip balm.
- Application is not going to be easy unless you use a lip brush to apply.
- Price is nowhere justified for the kind of product it is.
Until next time, take care!
Have you tried Lakme 9 to 5 Crease-Less Lip Balm Rose Affair?
You might also like reading these:-
- KERASTASE ELIXIR ULTIME OLEO COMPLEXE REVIEW
- How To Remove Sideburns
- Shiseido Lacquer Rouge SOR508 BLAZE Review & Swatches
- 30 Pink Lipsticks Review, Swatches & Price
- Maybelline MNY My Shadow 147A Review & Swatches
- 24 Inglot Lipstick Shades And Swatches
- Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm 125 Flirtatious Review & Swatches
- 41 Inglot Lipstick Shade Swatches & Price