Okay! I admit I have officially gone sun crazy. I am picking up everything and anything with SPF in it. Naturally when I saw this lip balm I grabbed it with both hands (read with few clicks K). I have always had good experience with Avene products and had high hopes from it. Read on to find out how it fared on me.
- Fulfils all demands: Efficacy, quality, pleasure in use and reliability.
- Benefits from an exclusive combination of actives, “SunSitive Protection®”, a product of Pierre Fabre Group Research:
- A complementary and synergistic photoprotective active complex, guaranteeing minimum chemical filters in our formulas.
- Pre-tocopheryl, a photostable Vitamin E precursor, gives additional cell protection.
Avène Thermal Spring Water with natural soothing and anti-irritating properties.
- With an invisible, non-oily texture for particularly pleasant application.
- Tamper-proof packaging
Price: INR 650 for 3g.
Packaging: Typical stick balm kinda packaging but I quite like the peppy orange colour. I am so glad it’s in the stick form. I HATE dipping my fingers into anything gooey. >_< there is one extra cap, god knows why. its pretty sturdy and super easy to carry along wherever you go.
My experience with Avene High Protection Lip Balm:
It’s a non tinted lip balm and pretty matte. As in it doesn’t melt on lips like most balms yet it provides adequate moisture to lips. I am using it every day underneath my matte lipsticks and it doesn’t messes around with them and yet provides much needed moisture to my dry lips. I am super glad that it doesn’t have any offensive smell and is waterproof. No worrying about your pout while taking a dip in the pool. Staying power is around 2-3 hours.
My only pet peeve is I can’t apply it on top of the lipstick. That would meddle with the pristine white colour of the lip balm plus it tends to leave a slight white cast when applied on top of the lipstick. So always apply it underneath your lipstick.
What I like about Avene High Protection Lip Balm:
- High SPF content. Makes it an ideal summer companion.
- Smooth and light weight texture.
- No offensive smell.
- Provides adequate moisture to dry and chapped lips.
- No parabens.
- Peppy orange packaging.
What I dont like about Avene High Protection Lip Balm:
- Leaves white cast when applied on top of the lipstick.
Final verdict: I am in love with this lip balm. In fact I have already ordered a backup. My lips are soft and supple this summer all because of this little gem. I am totally recommending it to all you girlies out there.
Repurchase material: yes.
Have you tried Avene High Protection Lip Balm?
You might also like these:-
- Revlon Colorstay One Stroke Defining Eyeliner Totally Turquoise Review & Swatches
- YSL CRÈME DE BLUSH – Soft Blush – 7 Rose Quartz – Petal Pink Review & Swatch
- All Colorbar Sheer Creme Lust Lipstick Review – Video
- DIY: Amazing Face Pack To Heal Uneven Skin
- Maybelline Hyper Glossy Pop Liner Khaki Review & Swatches