By Shalini Jhall
Acne and their subsequent marks are a recurring problem for me. As a teenager I used to try everything possible in my budget to get rid of them but to no avail. Then later I gave in and let my acne be. I happened to change cities that proved to be very favorable to my skin and rewarded me with minimal acne. But the problem resurfaced last year with one or two new growths every week. This time I wanted to try the international brands and thought of trying Clinique’s Anti-Blemish range. It is a bit heavy on the pocket at Rs. 1,700 for a 50 ml tube.
I bought the clearing moisturizer. I first got a sample from the counter. The sample really worked on me. So I bought the full tube. The formula is non-greasy, gets absorbed easily without leaving any residue and moisturizes the skin very well. Also, it is a no fragrance product and as the sales person told me, it is done in order to prevent any allergic reaction. I used to apply it twice a day – morning and before going to bed.
For the first few days it worked really well for me. My acne was reduced and new growth was minimal. But after 2 weeks, I observed white heads on my face. This was followed by a spurt of regular acne. Since then I have discontinued daily use.
Nowadays I apply my Shiseido Pureness Softner before applying this moisturizer. Overall it is a good moisturizer for oily skin but it does not help in reducing acne. Also, its claims of being an anti-blemish solution fall flat for me.
What I like about Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions All-Over Clearing Treatment:
- Non-greasy moisturizer for my oily skin
- Does a decent job of moisturizing my skin type specially in the summers
- Goes well under a primer before applying makeup
What I do not like about Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions All-Over Clearing Treatment:
- Does not work for acne or blemishes
- Costly product
- Contains salicylic acid
It will rate this at 3/5 and will not buy this again. I am itching to try Shiseido’s Ibuki range moisturizers.
Have you tried Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions All-Over Clearing Treatment?
You might also like reading these:-
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Hair Masque Review
- Chambor Rouge Plump+ Lipstick RP+ 745 Review & Swatches
- I Love Mango Face Mask Review
- L’oreal Paris Nutri Shine by Color Riche Lipstick Apricot Shine Review
- My Foundation Makes Me Look Dark – Wise She Reader Question
- Live Jennifer Lopez Sexy Vibe Body Lotion Review