Hola Chicas…Iam back with an easy and super effective DIY post for your tanned and dull skin. These are the last days of June yet the harsh Sunrays are not sparing us from their rage. Anyways ours is a country with hot climate and in most of the areas, for a larger period of year we have to face Sunray and its effect like pigmentation, dark spot and yes tanning as well. We all use Sunscreen, Sunblocks and whole list of products to combat tanning and to prevent our skin from darkening. Tanning is a skin related problem that is caused mainly because of exposure or overexposure to the sun. When the skin gets exposed to harsh and harmful UVB and UVA rays, the melatonin present in the skin gets irritated, causing the skin to adopt a darker tone that come in direct contact with the sunrays. Tanned skin can be restored to its normal color by making use of simple homemade treatment. Although over a period of time I have tried various homemade solutions that reduce my tan effectively, but about the lotion which I am going to write today is like a RaamBaan ilaj for this problem and is made of two super weapon against tanning- Potatoes and Lemon.
- Rose Water(Optional).
- Wash the potatoes properly; peel them, cut in small pieces and make a paste of it in a mixer grinder.
- Put the paste in strainer and separate pulp from the juice.
- Store this juice in a glass bottle.
- Now take two lemons, squeeze the juice from these lemons and put it in separate glass bottle.
- Take equal quantity of both the juices and mix them, girls with dry skin can also add rose-water for a milder intensity.
- Now avoiding under-eye and area around lips apply this lotion all over your face and neck using a cotton swab.
- Let this lotion stand on like this for at least an hour- you can watch TV or read magazines or simply browse various posts of Wise She during this time.
- Now wash your face and acknowledge and instant glow in skin.
- Regular usage of this lotion will not only reduce tan but also can lighten skin complexion.
- The discarded pulp can also be used as eye pack. Put the pulp in refrigerator and then put it over your eyelids and relax. This eye pack instantly give relief to fatigued eyes and freshens you up.
Benefits of the pack:
- Potato does wonders when applied directly on the tanned skin. Potato juice on skin work like normal scrubs making the skin color lighter and removing tanning. With ingredients like Vitamin-C, B-complex, and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and zinc, a potato beauty treatment can stimulate collagen and Elastin synthesis and essential cellular turnover for a toned, vibrant, fairer and youthful complexion.
- Lemons are easily available and this citric fruit is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Phosphorus and Carbohydrates. The fruit acids are good for skin and are very productive in enhancing your beauty. Coupled with ample Ascorbic Acid, lemon is very effective remedy to remove tan and dark spots.
- Whenever you use this lotion take care to use sunscreen liberally as Citric Acid of lemon can make your skin sensitive towards Sunrays.
- If you have dry skin then make sure to add lime juice only to the extent that your skin can take easily otherwise you may feel stinging or irritating sensation.
So that’s all…isn’t this lotion sounds easy-peasy and super-effective. Go and apply this lotion to get rid of that stubborn tan and to restore your natural glow. Till next time stay tuned to Wise She and take care. Ciao.
Have you tried potato in your skin care routine?
You might also like these:-