By Shalini Jhall
I collected this as a free sample post my Shiseido purchases from Parcos. The color is a dark raspberry shade that will flatter most skin tones as it is buildable shade – can go sheer or dramatic. It is a beautiful color, though it is a bit on the dark side for my liking but none the less, it is an appealing color.
The doe foot applicator glides easily on the lips allowing for a very smooth application. This gloss is non-sticky and hydrates the skin very well. It is quite successful in not highlighting chapped or dry lips. The shine factor is high which can be controlled as per the application. With this shade you can achieve a sheer raspberry color stain and also, it can be built on for a more dramatic look. This has a strong fragrance which may not appeal to all. But the fragrance disappears after it is applied on the lips after some time.
It stayed on me for 3 to 4 hours without any snacking, though it did moderately survive a full dinner meal primarily due to the high pigmentation, which is okay but then you tend to expect more from a brand like Guerlain.
The packaging of the sample is quite average. Though the actual product comes in a gold tube that has a special see through section which gets filled up by the gloss only after the tube has been opened. The outer packaging for the sample and actual product is the same. The text of the ingredients is in silver ink which is tough to read on black paper.
What I like about Guerlain Kiss Kiss Essence De Gloss #462 Violine:
- Smooth and an easy glide on texture
- Highly pigmented which can be worked around for different looks
- The color payoff is high and better than most other glosses
- The pleasant violet smell that stays for a short while on the lips post application
- It is non-sticky and does not weigh down the lips
What I don’t like about Guerlain Kiss Kiss Essence De Gloss #462 Violine:
- At Rs. ~2,000 it is quite a costly product
- Guerlain products are not easily available in India, the only place where you can find these are at Parcos or you can get them shipped from other countries
- Its fragrance can be irritating for some people
- You cannot figure out the ingredients on the packaging because of the text written in silver ink on a black box
Rating: I will give a rating of 4.5/5, deducting 0.5 for the average staying power.
At this price, I will not buy this product. I can probably look for another color in the same Essence de Gloss range.
Have you tried Guerlain Kiss Kiss Essence De Gloss #462 Violine?
You may also like reading these:-