Today, I will be talking about something very basic that is an essential part and can make a huge difference to the quality of our skin. Got the hint? Yes, I will be talking about our beloved and essential CTM routine i.e. Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing.
CTM is essential for basic skin care and keeps your skin looking good and healthy. But do you know the right way of following this routine? Are you aware of some basic guidelines or dos and donts when it comes to something very basic as CTM routine?
Experts claim, most of the people don’t know the right way of doing this. So, today we look at what you should keep in mind while following your CTM routine.
This is the first step. Cleansers can be divided into three types :
- 1. Makeup removers
- 2. Cream cleansers
- 3. Face wash
It is entirely your choice to what cleanser you wish to use. One should pick up a good cleanser according to their skin type.
How to cleanse correctly
- Wet your face liberally well. If you want to cleanse your neck too, make sure you wet them very well.
- Take the face wash on your palms. Do not rub your palms vigorously as you may end up using the product on your hand and only some loath or foam is applied to your face. Rub a little and apply to face and then cleanse your face while rubbing it.
- Wash completely. Don’t be in a hurry. Make sure you wash every trace of face wash and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Make sure to wash your hands before washing your face either with the face wash or soap water. Because at the end of the day it is the most dirty part of your body.
Now, comes toning the second step. Experts believe that it is the most confused term in the entire face care regime. It is believed that toning is done to tighten the pores or to remove rest of the grim left after cleansing or to make face dry for oily skin. There are various terms people believe about toning and hence, we have numerous products available. However, experts believe this step can be totally skipped if your face is clean and you do not have oily skin. So the basic need is to emphasize more on cleansing as toning is not really what matters, cleansing does.
How to tone correctly
- Take toner on a cotton pad and gently wipe your face.
- You can either dab toner on your face or wipe off gently.
- Always remember to use little product. More quantity doesn’t ensure great quality. A little would be suffice.
This is the last step following toning in the CTM routine. It is very important to adequately moisturize your skin even if you have oily skin.
How to moisturize correctly
- The most common mistake people make while applying any cream or moisturizer on the face is they take the cream on palm, rub the palms and then apply on to the face. This is not the correct way.
- You have to treat your skin gently. For the correct application, take the cream or moisturizer on the finger tips, dab on finger tips of both hands, dot on face and then gently spread on face whole massaging.
It is recommended to follow the CTM routine at night rather than on the day. And CTM routine should not be followed more than 2 times a day. Do it at night and if you feel the need, twice a day is more than enough.
Was this helpful? How careful are you with your CTM routine?
You might also like these:-