How are you doing? Liked my previous article on how to cleanse, tone and moisturize your skin correctly? I am sure you did. So, today we will be talking about another essential part for your skin care- how to exfoliate correctly. It is an important part in our skin care regime and must be included to keep the dead cells at bay.
So, what do you understand by exfoliation? Removing the dead skin or do you realte it with removal of black head or whutehaed? Whatever you think of, exfoliation is basically done to get ahealthy look on face by getting rid of dead skin.
Exfoliation is important for our skin. Skin keeps growing just like hair, in layers. As we grow older, the capacity for skin to throw away outer dead skin becomes much sluggish. Then, there is a lot of accumulated dead skin on top along with clumped melanin, which we call blackhead/whitehead, which can make skin dry, dark and dull.
What it takes to exfoliate correctly.
- All you can do to exfoliate well is use a good exfoliant which makes skin brighter, healthy and glowing.
- Now, the basic questions arises- how do we choose a good exfoliant?
- Remember, granule size is the most important criteria in choosing a good exfoliant. Always go for one having absolutely small granules which are rounded and smooth.
- Better exfoliate at night before bed as it is the best time to get rid of dead skin accumulated all during the day. You can apply a good night cream after exfoliation.
- There are two common kinds of scrubs present in the market- soapy and non soapy. If you choose non soapy exfoliant then granules might be little harsh. If you choose non soapy scrub, use it twice a week and soapy exfoliants can be used daily at night.
- Don’t scrub your face many times day as it can rip off essential oils. Twice a week and once in a day is more than enough.
- Exfoliate correctly : Make your face wet. Take small amount on your finger tips, dot on the face and gently scrub in circular movements. You need not scrub vigorously, small firm movements are the right way.
Also, scrubbing should not take more than 2 minutes. Wash away all the granules and make sure there is no grim left. Pat dry with a soft towel.
Exfoliation is really very important for the skin to breathe healthy. Do not skip it. Make sure you don’t over do it. Just the right amount of right product in a right way for sufficient time is the key to exfoliate correctly.
I hope you like this article.
How well do you exfoliate?
You might also like these