Today I felt like reviewing something which I wanted to write about some 6 months back. Anyways I am reviewing the shade Peach blush which is a part of their new launch by Lakme. Lakme has introduced many shades in this range but escalated its price too. Please do check my review to know whether it is something for keeps or a passé.
About Lakme Absolute Crème Lipcolor:
This Luxurious lip color gives higher colour delivery. Enriched with Vitamin E and Wheat germ oil this rich creme stick keeps your lips silky, soft and smooth.
- Vitamin E
- Wheat Germ Oil
- Long Stay
- Luscious Creamy Finish
Price: Rs 675 for 3.2 grams
My Take on Lakme Absolute Crème Lipcolor in Peach Blush:
Packaging: Lakme absolute crème lipcolor comes in steel grey casing with twist up mechanism. Shade name is mentioned at the bottom of the casing. Packing is quite similar to the absolte matte lipstick range. Packaging is quite sturdy, I have dropped my lipstick twice but it did not affect the lipstick in anyway. I just wish it was quite girly and more fancy like that of theie gloss addict lipsticks.
Shade: Lakme absolute crème lipcolor in Peach blush is a true peachy brown shade which will flatter Indian skin tones really well. Its great to wear at workplace. Though the shade is dupable still I loved it a lot on my NC 42 skin tone. People with skin tone above NC 42 can use it as their MLBB nude peachy brown lipstick.
Pigmentation & Coverage: Lakme Peach blush lipstick is nicely pigmented and imparts opaque coverage with two swipes. I get opaque coverage with nearly two swipes despite of having pigmented lips. All the shades from this range are nicely pigmented.
Texture & Finish: Texture of these lipsticks is very soft and buttery. It glides like butter on lips and keeps lips hydrated too. All the lipsticks from this range have creamy texture and impart glossy creamy finish. The negative point is that after an hour or so, it kind of feels sticky on lips which I absolutely hate. I did not experience any stickiness when applied with a lip gloss though. It might break during summers as it has tendency of melting in summers.
Staying Power: Lakme absolute crème lipsticks usually stay on my lips for 3-4 hours which is pretty decent. Owing to creamy texture staying power is low, but as long as my lips do not get chapped I have no complaints. Even with a lip primer, staying power did not exceed beyond 4 hours. It fades quite evenly with time. It does not survive with a full meal on. It kept my lips hydrated for a long time but its unforgiving for those with chapped lips. It accentuates fine lines and other imperfections.
What I liked about Lakme Absolute Crème Lipcolor in Peach Blush:
- -Peach blush shade is a true peachy brown shade suitable for everyday wear.
- -Its my MLBB shade.
- -Its nicely pigmented and imparts full coverage with two swipes.
- -Packaging is quite sturdy.
- -It has creamy texture and glossy finish which keeps my lips hydrated.
- -It contains jojoba oil, wheatgerm oil and vitamin E.
- -It does not make my lips chapped or dry.
- -Wide range of shade are available.
- -It keeps my lips luscious and healthy looking.
- -Staying power gets enhanced with a lipgloss on.
What I did not like about Lakme Absolute Crème Lipcolor in Peach Blush:
- -Price has escalated from 600 to 675 bucks.
- -It feels sticky after an hour or so.
- -It has low staying power of 3-4 hours.
- -Its really creamy so can melt down during summers.
- -I wish lakme reformulates their lipstick range instead of changing packaging every now and then. This range of lipstick in many ways is similar to the lakme 9 to 5 range.
- -It can accentuate fine lines and other imperfections.
- Packaging: 4.5 out of 5
- Shade: 4.5 out of 5
- Pigmentation & Coverage: 4 out of 5
- Texture & Finish: 3.5 out of 5
- Staying Power: 3.75 out of 5
- Price vs Quality: 3.75 out of 5
Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
Will I repurchase it? Though I did not much like the stickiness of the lipstick, still I would buy few more shades from their new launch.
My Overall Recommendation: Lakme absolute crème lipcolor in Peach blush is a true peachy brown shade, it could be MLBB shade for many. Where on one side its shade, pigmentation, finish proved to be a winner for me, on the other side its low staying power, high price and sticky feeling proved to be a complete failure. I have a love and hate kind of relationship with this lipstick. So I would not highly recommend you to try this lipstick yet you can check it out.
Have you tried Lakme Absolute Crème Lipcolor in Peach Blush?
You might also like reading these:-
- Save, Spend & Splurge Wise She – Night Creams
- Hask Argan Oil Intense Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment Review
- 5 Summer Skin Issues And Their Fixes
- MAC Lip Liner MAGENTA Review & Swatches
- Loreal & Lakme Lipsticks Haul
- Faces Ultime Pro Long Wear Matte LipStick 01 Spice Review & Swatches
- 3 Best Uses Of Baking Soda