A lip pencil to go with all purple, plum, berry and pink lipsticks and the name is also so apt – CURRANT. The shade falls under perfect for fall lip colours and goes pretty well with a clear gloss on top.
Size – 1.45 gm, Price – 1100 /- INR, Available at MAC Stores across India
MY experience with MAC CURRENT Lip Liner:
Shade – MAC CURRANT is described as Intense Reddish Purple, it is deep dark plum berry wine shade and is cool toned but nevertheless it is going to work across skin tones. IT does seem very loud but a purple lipstick on top and you are ready to rock it hard. I feel the colour is not easy to dupe but we hardly need colours like this often so, not must have shade I guess.
Texture – I feel it is not very opaque liner; there is little unevenness to the pencil although it glides easily on my lips without tugging or pulling lips.
Pigmentation – It is decently pigmented and requires quite a few swipes to get even coverage , I am not happy how it looks in single layer , very light but once you pack it on it looks gorgeous , although the feel is very light weight even if you layer it a lot .
Staying power – This lip pencil stays some 4 plus hrs , as it’s not very even in finish there is little sheerness to it , if worn with lipstick Like MAC REBEL which is shown below it does adds a little life and manage to make my lips classic and polished for some 6 – 7 hrs .
What I like about MAC CURRENT Lip Liner:
- The colour is super gorgeous for all the purples and plum lipsticks.
- The staying power is amazing provided you have a lipstick on top.
- I feel the size of the pencil justifies the price tag; doesn’t need frequent sharpening.
- The feel on lips is very light weight even if you layer it back and forth.
What I don’t like about MAC CURRENT Lip Liner:
- The finish is not even as it feels in other darker shades from MAC – little uneven I must say.
- The pigmentation is good but not great like other deeper shades from MAC; covers pigmented lips but needs good layering.
Ratings: 4/ 5 – I do like this shade but it’s not must have shade as you need such colours on very rare occasions , so certainly not the one you can’t live without but if you wear a lot of plums and purples or berry toned lips and want them to stay little longer then this may impress you .
Have you tried MAC CURRENT Lip Liner?
You might also like to read:-
- 6 Best Instant Detanning Home Remedies
- Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner Review & Swatches
- Loreal Paris Rouge Caresse Lipstick Dating Coral Review & Swatches
- MAC Lipstick Prepare For Pleasure Review, Swatches & FOTD
- L’oreal Superliner Gelmatic Pen Haul!!