How To Care For Your Eye Lashes
I have been blessed with long dense eyelashes by nature. My friends tease me saying that, “Madhu, it is so hot. Please start batting your eyelashes so that we can feel the breeze.”
When I was a kid, I used to wait for every falling eye lashes, just to blow them away and make a wish. And now, my wish is that they never fall.
I am suffering from severe hair-loss problem since the last 5-6 years, and I was really shattered when I saw my eyelashes started competing with my hair fall too.
And thus, it was time when I realized that I should take care of my prized possession as well.
I took the help of some really simple methods, but the result which I got was really awesome. So today I’ll be sharing some tips to take care of those lovely lashes that make you look even more beautiful.
The lash roots are very delicate and rubbing and tugging too much can cause them to break and fall. So just go easy with your eyes and never rub them. Rubbing too vigorously doesn’t only hamper your eyes, but will also make your lashes brittle.
Remove your Makeup:
REMOVE your make up as soon as you reach home or before going to bed. Leaving makeup on was the main reason why I started losing my lashes; I was too lazy to remove them. And the result made me regret. Thus for your own sake; never leave makeup on at night.
Go “NATURAL” as much as possible:
I even avoid makeup removers on eyes. Instead I use a mixture of oil and shampoo to remove them. I have made a mixture of baby shampoo and baby oil to remove my makeup. It works great as a makeup remover and side by side nourishes and moisturizes them.
Petroleum jelly is great for moisturizing, strengthening and thickening your lashes. Castor oil helps to grow them, and make existing ones longer and thicker. So you just have to dab some petroleum jelly or oil on your lashes. I use petroleum jelly and castor oil on alternate day basis.
You can even use almond oil or olive oil. All of these are great for improving your lashes.
So here are some packs that will help you in pampering your lashes.
- Aloe Vera gel mixed with a few drops of tomato juice and castor oil. Aloe Vera is rich in vitamin E and helps in moisturising and lengthening your lashes, Tomato juice in rich in Vitamin C and anti-oxidants which protect eyelashes from infections, toxins, and castor oil helps in strengthening and thickening of them. So this works great and has truly astonishing results.
- Aloe Vera juice, jojoba oil and camomile tea. Mix together, dab a clean cotton pad into it and pat it over your eye lashes. Aloe Vera juice lengthens, Jojoba oil not only promotes growth of eyelashes and moisturises them but also reduces wrinkles around eyes, and Camomile tea soothes and tired and irritated eyes.
- Green tea. Soak some green tea in lukewarm water. Dab a cotton ball and place it over your eyes. It will help you get rid of tiredness, dark circles and brittle lashes.
- Almond soaked in water overnight, make it a paste and mix it with the same water that it was soaked into. Drain it and use the water mixed with a few drops of honey. I find this pack very useful.
- Mix castor oil, olive oil and almond oil in equal amounts. Apply them on the length of the lashes. Great as moisturiser, and helps in improving the texture and quality of lashes.
- Grape seed oil is another great product for eyelashes. Its benefit includes reducing the fall of eyelashes by strengthening and moisturizing them. You can mix them with any other oil or just use it alone.
- There are many other essential oils that aid to long thick lashes, some are Lavender oil, Sandalwood oil, Rosemary oil and Pine oil.
Take a clean mascara wand or an eyelash comb and run it through your eyelashes before applying any oil/jelly during bedtime.
Eat lots of protein and mineral enriched food, fibre, green veggies, anything basically that is good for your hair will work for your eyelashes. Drink adequate water and have adequate sleep. Unless you maintain all these, nothing will have a prolonged effect on your beauty.
Don’t hesitate to throw away your beauty and makeup products when its time.
Do you have more tips to share?
You might like to read:-