This is the second shade I bought from the lakme lip love range and you know how well I liked the first shade. This shade is even worse. Nude color less shade lovers may read further.
Price: INR 700 after the launch of the new shades.
About Lakme Lip Love Lipstick:
- Lakme Lip Love Lipstick will keep your lips smooth, soft and hydrated like never before.
- It will add a luminous shine to your lips for a longer period and keep them protected with SPF 16
- Just swipe it once and you will fall in love with it opaque coverage.
- Feel the constant hydration with the goodness of ceramides.
- The finish is glossy and matte.
- Available in 8 different shades.
- Use Lakme Lip Love Lipstick and feel romantic.
My experience with Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Winter Romance:
Starting with the packaging- they have a beautiful red body with “love” carved on it. These were launched on the Valentine’s Day (according to the SA) and they exhibit love theme very well I say! The bullet also has the Love word carved and this packaging is a part of a strategy to attract love struck girls. Never the less the lipsticks looks pretty packaging wise. I would still say don’t be trapped by the beautiful looks. It is not what it looks like.
Let me talk about the shade and texture. The shade is pale nude beige with a creamy consistency. This shade is again somewhat similar to the one I reviewed from accessorize. This looks good on the hand but is absolutely non-appealing on the lips. It looks ghastly; forget about suiting or not suiting. The texture is better than the previous shade ‘mandarin crush’. It does not contain any shimmer but it manages to look terrible even without it. I don’t think it would suit anybody. You may try it if you are attempting an all bronzed-out face look but still at your own risk. I don’t seem to develop any liking for this one.
Also, it has a very sweet smell associated with the bullet which again I do not like.
The staying power fails to impress as well. Being buttery it hardly stays for 2 hours or so.
Overall, this lipstick has nothing good about it except the attractive packaging and I completely fail to understand the reason for the price hike. These were earlier prices at 500 or so, then 600 and now 700. I would not even recommend you to have a look at these; I am so disappointed. Such a beautiful shade name and such a pathetic product this is.
Why I like Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Winter Romance:
- I like it just for the packaging. The love theme arouses interest of the poor girls like me but then have a look at the below list please.
- Ok, I like the shade name too but the lipstick does not justify it.
Why I do not like Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Winter Romance:
- I have all the bad things in the world to say about this shade for it made me look no less than a ghost.
- The texture is buttery and the kind that goes uneven on application.
- It stays just for around 2 hours after which it looks all the more glazy.
- The smell is again something I do not like.
- The price is so not justified.
Until next time, take care!
Have you tried Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Winter Romance?
You might like to read:-
- 5 Tips To Get Rid Of Dark Knee Caps
- New Shape Nivea Fruity Shine Strawberry Lip Balm Review
- 15 Bnefits Of Aloe Vera For Skin And Hair
- Estee Lauder Signature Silky Eyeshadow Duo in Cappuccino Review & Swatches
- Americn Swan Presents Beauty & The Blogger Show
- Loreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick Flaming Kiss Review & Swatches
- Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Ultimate Review & Swatches
- DIY- Skin Lightening Banana Face Pack