10 Benefits of Banana for Skin And Hair
Every dry skinned beauty must have got an advice to use Bananas and Honey on their face once. But do you know this all season fruit is more than an amazing moisturizer. It looks like I am selling Bananas here . Well I am here today to share with you 10 amazing beauty benefits of Banana. I love to eat bananas, they’re more yummy when fried or caramelized (*I am starving now*). Well before I tempt myself more to eat bananas let’s move to the benefits of yummy dessert friendly bananas.
- Banana is packed with anti-bacterial properties that help in curing acne and blemishes. You can rustle up a wonderful face mask with one banana, a teaspoon of milk, a pinch of nutmeg, a teaspoon of oatmeal powder. Apply this mix on your clean face. Let it dry completely and then wash off. This home remedy helps to cure acne and makes your skin spot-less.
- Mash one ripe banana and mix it with lemon juice form one lemon (approximately 2-3 tbsp.). Leave it on for 25 minutes. This particular mask is loaded with Vitamin C as banana contains Vitamin C as well. Apply this to give your skin the dose of Vitamin C it needs and get rid of your blemishes easily.
- Bananas are known for their Anti-Ageing benefits as well. It is used in some Herbal creams and products that claim to work for Anti-Ageing. A best Anti-Ageing mask that you can start using in your late 20s is blended bananas with Wheatgerm oil in balanced proportions to get a creamy consistency. Apply this regularly on your skin to keep it wrinkle free.
- Mash one ripe banana and mix it with lemon juice form one lemon (approximately 2-3 tbsp.). Leave it on for 25 minutes. This mask is full of vitamin C which will get rid of dullness and help in reduction of spots and blemishes.
- And this one is a cult favorite. Peel a banana and add 1/4 cup of olive oil and one egg white and put in a blender. Puree for a couple of minutes. Let it stay on your hair for 15 minutes followed by hair wash with your favorite shampoo and conditioner. If you don’t want to use eggs then you can add bit of milk cream instead. People with limp hair should stay away from this.
- Take mashed banana and 1 tbsp. of sugar and mix them well. Apply it on your skin and rub it in circular motions. Banana will moisturize the dry skin while sugar granules will get rid of the dead skin. People with sensitive skin can add fine oatmeal instead of sugar granules.
- Mix banana pulp with avocado and coconut milk. Apply this mixture on the hair. Leave it on for 20 minutes. This mask leaves your hair feeling soft and silky. This is effective for all hair types.
- Bananas work great in reducing puffiness of the eyes and they can vanish dark circles in the meantime as well. Just mash sufficient banana and apply it generously on your eyes and take it off after 15 minutes. Dark circles will fade if you do this regularly.
- Oily skinned beauties you’ve got to smile now. For a healthy glowing skin Mash half a ripe banana and mix it with 1 tbsp. of sandalwood powder/paste and ½ tsp. of honey. Let it stay on your skin for 20-25 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water. Sandalwood will help in reducing the excess sebum and banana will give you that healthy glow you have always wished for.
- Now something that solves all the purposes at one time, take one banana, a teaspoon of milk, a pinch of nutmeg plus some cinnamon, a teaspoon of oatmeal powder. Apply this mix on your clean face. Let it dry completely and then wash off. This mask will help in curing your acne and scars. It will make your skin free from the blackheads and whiteheads to an extent as well.
I hope you liked reading this informative post(*I am telling it myself *). Let me know if you know some other interesting things that I can do with bananas for my skin and hair.
Stay Happy and Beautiful.
Do you use banana fro your hair and skin?
You might like to read:-