By Anusha Adabala
Bourjois Paris Lip Liner Rouge Seduction
Hello my dear beautiful friends,
How are you lovely ladies doing? What’s more appealing in weathers like this – a steaming cup of coffee, smoking pakoras, spicy chats or red pouts. While I drool over the other options I can’t ignore the red pout!!!! yess!! The review is about yet another red lippie. We know that Wiseshe already features a massive list of red lippies like nowhere else and here again is an another addition to that list – Bourjois Paris lip liner – Rouge Seduction
This is my first ever red lip pencil and is actually a gift from my sis who got bored seeing me in neutral lips shades. The lip pencil is a lovely blood-red which illuminates the complexion and face instantly. It can be used alone or as a base for any red lipsticks.
The day I wore it alone for first time, I remember the ‘wow’ expression in my guys face and knew it was an instant hit!! Yeyyy so there’s a reason it’s called the ‘rouge seduction’
Price: 399 /- INR
Availability: permanent collection, you can get at Bourjois Paris counters across India
My experience with Bourjois Paris Lip Liner in Rouge Seduction :
Texture: It’s a true matte yet not overtly drying to lips. It glides like a charm without pulling or tugging during application, but needs to exfoliate lips for a warm and neater finish. It’s forgiving even when I skip my lip balm attimes which is comforting to my laziness. And the best part is, it’s quite easy to touch-up and doesn’t feel heavy or layered.
Pigmentation: amazing pigmentation. Just one-two swipes and you get the shade.
Single swipe & two swipes / smudged
Staying power: Alone it stayed for about 4-5hrs and topping up lipstick added 2-3hrs further. It wouldn’t survive heavy meals…especially oily food, you can literally see the tissues bleed as you dab your lips. but it would handle lighter snacks and drinks efficiently. And Nevertheless leaves a beautiful tint behind as it fades. No un-uniform flaking, no settling in lip lines, it’s been undoubtedly a strong scorer in-comparison to its expensive top-brand counterparts in my kitty.
Bourjois Paris rouge seduction lip liner alone. No lip balm underneath.
For me, it’s a winner mostly., be it the colour, texture, pigmentation, price.
The colour – true blood red
The texture – true matte yet not overtly drying to lips. creamy texture. doesn’t pull or tug the lips during application. I even skip the lip balm at times, but dry lipped beauties may not have this luxury
Pigmentation – It’s got a great coverage and colour payoff.
What I like about Bourjois Paris Lip Liner in Rouge Seduction:
- The super blood-red colour tone, certainly
- Dual purpose – Can be applied as a base to any red lipsticks or alone (attimes I carried only this lipliner in my purse)
- Says – it’s with mineral & antioxidant protective plant pigments
- Staying power. Leaves a lovely red tint as it fades away
- Matte, yet its a creamy glide during application without pulling and tugging
- Good pigmentation. 1-2 swipes you get the shade
- No un-uniform flaking, no settling in lip lines
- quite easy to touch-up and doesn’t feel heavy or layered, the attritube I love most
- Suits our Indian skin tones
What I dont like about Bourjois Paris Lip Liner in Rouge Seduction:
- Very bland un-appealing wooden pencil packaging. I wish it looks as sexy as its name.
- Matte finish. Dry lipped beauties need lip balm underneath
- Transfers slightly. Doesn’t completely survive oily meals or oily snacks, requires touch-up.
Recommendation: Rouge Seduction is a beautiful ravishing blood-red which illuminates your complexion and face instantly. It’s certainly one of my best picks in the red lippie clan for that price and pros it offers. I definitely recommend a try, if you’re looking in this price bracket. Who knows, you might be rougely seduced and hopelessly tempted to own this red hottie.
Have you tried Bourjois Paris Lip Liner in Rouge Seduction ?
You might like to read:-
- 10 Hot Pink Lipsticks For Indian Skin
- Lakme Absolute Gloss Stylist in Rust Crush Review & Swatches
- 6 Must Have Fall Makeup Colors
- Fruit Of The Earth Neem & Rosemary Cream Pack Review
- Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad Eye Shadow in Classic Nudes Review & Swatches
- 10 Benefits of Banana for Skin And Hair
- 5 Tan Removal Packs For Hands