Facial treatments are good for our skin. They help in rejuvenating skin and enhance its beauty. Facials are much needed pampering for tired skin. It is easy to go to a salon and get facial. Until recently, I used to get facials or cleanups regularly. But now I don’t have any good salon near (read ‘walking distance’) my new home and so I get facials very occasionally now.
To solve this problem, I’ve started doing my own facials with ready-made kits. But as I’m not a professional, the results are not equal to a salon. The best way to get better results is to use home made facials. Home facials give glow that no other facial can. The results are long-lasting and without any harms. So whether you want to save some money or just want to stay away from chemicals, home made facials are the way to go.
There are mainly 6 steps in a facial-
Cleansing – The first step is the most important. The following steps give results only when the skin is clean.
Exfoliating – This step removes dead cells and makes skin smooth. Be gentle while scrubbing.
Steaming – Steaming will open the pores and make the massaging more effective. You can either use a towel dipped in warm water for steaming or use a steamer. You can also boil water in a big vessel and take steam from it.
Massaging – Massaging improves blood circulation and makes skin glow from within. You should massage your face for at least 10 minutes. Do not forget to massage the neck as well.
Face Pack – Use a face pack as per your skin type to make skin healthy and youthful. While you wait for your pack to dry, dip two cotton balls in rose water and keep them on your eyes. Alternatively you can use cucumber slices.
Moisturising – You can first tone and then moisturise your skin. This step is a must for all skin types. It keeps skin plump and soft.
I’ve divided facial kit ideas as per the skin type. Besides the similar steaming procedure, the same facial scrub can be used by all skin types. Here is how you can make it-
2 tbsp. oatmeal
2 tbsp. granulated white sugar
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 cup almond oil
1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
Mix together all of these and use the scrub to slough away the dullness from your face.
Now choose the facial kits as per your skin-
- Cleanse – You will need a small apple, 1 teaspoon cream, 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Blend all these together in a blender. Slather this smooth paste on face and neck. Massage gently and leave on skin. Wash off after 5 minutes.
- Massage – You can use almond or jojoba oil. If your skin is very dry then try massaging it with hazelnut oil. Or if you need some DIY then take i tbsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp. coconut oil and 3 tbsp. butter. Mix all of them and use for a facial massage. Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Face Pack – To hydrate parched skin, you need a good moisturizing face mask. Soak 3-4 almonds overnight. Grind them and make a paste with milk and rose water. Add a little milk cream. Leave this pack on your face for 15 minutes. Use lukewarm water to wash it off.
- Moisturize – Use your favourite moisturizing cream to hydrate your skin. Banana pulp can also be used to moisturize skin. Apply it evenly on face and wash off after 15 minutes.
- Cleanse – Take 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/2 tbsp. honey. Add in 1/4 cup water so as not to make the wash runny. Mix these and massage onto skin for a minute. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Massage – For massaging oily skin girls can use fresh aloe vera gel. It provides the needed moisture without making your skin greasy. You can make your own fruit massage cream at home. Take a tbsp. cucumber pulp, a tsp. orange juice and 1/4th tsp. honey. Mix these ingredients well to make a smooth paste and add a drop of peppermint oil. Then massage your face well with this.
- Face Pack – Take 2 tbsp. fuller’s earth, two tbsp. tomato pulp and 1 tsp. of fresh yogurt. Then add in a few drops of lemon juice and mix well until you get a smooth mixture. Wait for 15 minutes and wash off.
- Moisturize – Add 2 tsp. honey in a cup of aloe vera pulp. Blend this mixture. Now add 2 tsp. tea-tree oil and a few drops of rose water. This moisturizer also closes open pores and firms up the skin. You can also use any oil-free moisturizer.
- Cleanse – Take some pieces of cucumber in a blender. Add in 1 tablespoon lime-juice and few mint leaves. Blend these together. Apply it on your face and massage. Leave for around 10 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
- Massage – Use raw milk to massage your skin. It is really amazing for normal skin as it is balanced. Raw milk will neither make your skin dry nor turn it oily.
- Face pack – To make a soothing face pack, take 3 tbsp. of tomato juice, 3 drops of honey and 1/4 tbsp. of almond powder. Apply evenly on face and rinse after the pack dries.
- Moisturize – Use your regular moisturizer or try this recipe- Take 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1 tsp. tea tree oil and a few drops of lavender essential oil. Mix these together and store. This is light moisturiser and suits every skin type.
Would you try a home facial?
You might like to read:-
- Maybelline Color Show Glitter Mania Red Carpet Review & NOTD
- 5 Remedies To Remove Old Sun Tan
- NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Thalia Review, Swatches & FOTD
- The Nature’s Co Barley Volumising Hair Cleanser Review
- Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Striking Review & Swatches