Everyone wants those straight, silky and frizz free hair nowadays. And people don’t mind having a bucket full of chemicals loaded on their hair and the after care as well. The boys aren’t behind , once my cousin brother asked me to imagine him with long straight hair John Abraham type long and I shooed him straightaway . Well I love frizz free, silky straight hair as well but I mind the chemical quotient, so now we have a treatment that is with less chemicals as compared to the traditional rebonding which gives you pin straight hair, like someone scaled them. So now let’s learn something about this process and then I’ll sum up the pros and cons
What is the Keratin Treatment?
Our hair is made up of a protein which is called Keratin, okay let’s not make it a science class, we all know that yeah? Keratin enhances the shine of our hair and makes them thick as well. So in keratin straightening, it is artificially inserted into the hair, which leaves them frizz free, shiny and more straight. The process takes about two to three hours depending on the length of the hair.
Pros of Keratin Treatment
- Suitable for both men and women, keratin treatments can last for up to six months when properly cared for unlike rebonding.
- It is suitable for all hair types. That means people with limp/fine hair can also go for it because it will make your hair look bouncier indeed.
- No proved side effects
- No more ironing.
- Silky straight hair which looks natural, just like those TV ads .
- This treatment provides extra care from sun and pollution from the atmosphere and also repairs the damaged hair cuticles.
Cons of Keratin Treatment
- The chemical used can cause skin irritation and watery eyes
- Expensive than Rebonding.
- You have to use an Organic or Sodium Chloride free shampoo afterwards.
- It shouldn’t be done in Pregnancy.
- Patch test is necessary before doing it to avoid any rash or allergy.
So these are the basic things that you need to know before deciding to get the popular treatment done. Make a wise decision and I hope the post has helped you all
Have you tried Keratin Treatment before?
You might like to read:-