Product Sponsored by WiseShe Group of Blogs and YouTube Channels
I have been missing in action since few weeks as my 8months old baby boy went through an emergency intestinal surgery on 12th of October. And now when he is much better I am back with a review on an eye shadow quad from Maybelline.
Maybelline has introduced many quads from this range out of which few are available in India and some limited edition shades are also there, which are not available here. I got this quad from our loving make up Santa and here comes the review.
Price: $ 4 – $7.5
My experience with Maybelline Eyestudio Eyeshadow Limited Edition 130 Taupe Tease:
Packaging: I love the packaging of these quads. They are sleek rectangular in shape with a transparent lid and black body. The shape of the containers in the quads looks very stylish and the applicator is of superb quality. It’s a dual ended applicator with one side a bit wider and flat while the other end is thin and elongated.
Shade: The quad has 4 shades:
- The first one is pearly white with silver shimmer in it. This shade is applicable for highlighting the eyebrow line and the inner duct area.
- The second shade is a light creamy brown shade which is a matte shade and can be used for highlighting.
- The third shade is a proper matte brown shade which can be used with other shades or even alone on the lid.
- And the fourth shade is a matte black color.
Pigmentation, Texture and Staying Power: The pigmentation of the first three shades is not that good but the black color is richly pigmented. The shades look very beautiful and rich in the quad but when swatched they need 2-3 swipes for the best color pay off. I have used Ocean Blue from this range and I have faced the same problem there too. Only the darkest shade was nicely pigmented as compared to the three lighter ones.
Now we come to the texture part. The first shade is chalky in nature but the other three shades have an average texture.
The staying power is about 3-4 hours and I feel it is more than enough.
I have tried a simple look with this quad and have paired it with pink lips.
What I like about Maybelline Eyestudio Eyeshadow Limited Edition 130 Taupe Tease:
- Easily blendable
- Sleek stylish packaging
- Easily comes out with an eye makeup remover
- The applicator is of superb quality
- Not patchy
- The black shade can also be used for brows
What I don’t like about Maybelline Eyestudio Eyeshadow Limited Edition 130 Taupe Tease:
- Unavailability in India
- Texture is little powdery
Have you tried Maybelline Eyestudio Eyeshadow Limited Edition 130 Taupe Tease?
You might like to read:-