Today I am talking about a very important and yet very often overruled beauty care product ‘ Night Cream’.
Are you someone who believes that Night Creams are only a way for companies to sell their products with no specific need????
Well if you really think so, then this post is ideally for you and it will prove to be an Eye Opener post for you.
Every woman has a different approach towards a daily beauty regime. While some women simply follow a daily cleansing and moisturizing once a day and while some on the other hand have a full military to take care of their beauty like purpose specific creams, serums & toners.
Before I explain any further about how night creams are importance, let me first tell you all about how a Night Cream is different from a Day Cream:
You all must know how much our skin is prone to be damaged by UV rays, pollution, environmental stress & makeup.
All this daily basis risk of skin damage during the day time focuses on Day creams which are designed to protect and support our skin. Day creams contain SPF to prevent against Sun damage & photo aging, good amount of anti oxidants to fight against free radicals.
Day creams are made in a way so that they are non-greasy and are wearable under cosmetics.
The day creams acts like smooth, oil – free base for easy foundation & blending.
Our skin does a lot of work during night. It is the time when our skin does a lot of repairing & restoring work while our body rests. The night creams are more focused on moisture & recovery and contain the most powerful, slow absorbing moisturizers which penetrate in the skin during the several night hours. They do not contain any sun damage fighting ingredients instead they contain high amounts of anti – aging ingredients like retinol and glycolic acid.
As a result of such purposes and ingredients, the night creams are richer, thicker & heavier than your day creams.
Why Use Both Creams?
So now since you know the difference between both the Day and Night creams, it becomes easy to answer this question.
Neither a day cream nor a night cream can be skipped or replaced with each other.
Both the creams have their own purpose and texture. You cannot go without a sun protection in the day time and similarly cannot go without a restoring treatment during the night time.
Why Night Creams Are Important?
After all the comparison and description about night cream, it is now time to give you revised list of benefits of night creams. Regular usage of Night creams can do a lot of wonders for your skin, they are mentioned below:
- It nourishes and revitalizes the skin.
- It treats pigmentation, age spots, wrinkles, fine lines.
- It Soothes minor skin irritations.
- It Promotes Even Complexion and gives a fine texture to skin.
- It Boosts Collagen production in the skin, Thereby enhancing skin elasticity.
- It helps Fights against Free Radicals.
- Restores damage.
- Provides necessary hydration to skin.
How to choose the best night cream for my skin?
Now that you are convinced (Yes, I am sure that your are convinced ) about how important a night creams I in your daily skin care regime; Let me now suggest about how to choose a night cream for yourself.
Age is a crucial factor to be kept in mind while choosing for your cream, since different age – different skin demands for different care.
- If you are in your 20s pick for a light textured, moisturizing night cream which is rich in antioxidants so that it protects your skin from free radicals.
- If you are in your 30s pick a richer anti –ageing night cream which helps to regenerate the skin, prevent wrinkles and reduce fine lines.
- If you are in your 40s always use a firming, anti-wrinkle night cream which helps to restore skin and treat deeper wrinkles, fine lines and skin sagging.
So ladies this was all about how a night creams deserves to be permanent product in your daily skin care regime and slow down your skin aging process and have a youthful, glowing skin.
Do you use night cream?
You might like to read:-
- 10 Best Bollywood Makeovers
- Forever21 Accessories Haul & Site Review + Video
- 10 Easy Teeth Whitening Tips
- New Sleek Products Reviews Coming Up On The Blog
- 10 Best Shampoos For Curly Hair
- Streetwear Color Rich Pure Passion 50 Nail Enamel Review