8 Easy Steps To Do Manicure At Home
Beautiful nails are really great for the overall personality of a woman. The nails are one of the primary objects which add to the beauty of a woman’s hands. Well, keeping the hands & nails clean and well maintained is surely a tiresome chore as the hands are the most used body parts. It needs to be done regularly so as to keep the hands soft and supple and prevent the nails from turning brittle, which may lead to breakage.
Here I will be sharing few of the easy steps in which one can take care of the sensitive nails and also be able to do an easy manicure at home from time to time so as to avoid the salon appointments which sometimes result in a lot of wastage of time due to the long hours of waiting to get the services done.
Moreover, good manicures also costs a lot and needs to be done and that too almost twice a month due to the constant use of the hands for every daily activity.
Tips To Do Manicure At Home
One needs to gather the essentials first in order to do a proper manicure at home. Here is a list of things which you need to get hold of once you are doing manicure at home-
- A bowl with lukewarm water to dip hands in so as o make the nails soft.
- Cotton balls
- Clean hand towels
- Nail cutter
- Nail filer
- Cuticle remover
- Nail paint remover
- Transparent or any favorite shade nail paint
- A flat board to place your hand on
- Hand cream or moisturizing cream.
Steps to Follow For Manicure
- The first step is to remove the existing nail paint you have on your nails. So for that take a cotton ball and soak it in a good nail remover solution and gently rub the nail paint off from the nail surface. Usually two coats of nail paint will take a little more efforts and time to come off completely.
- Now after removing the nail color, trim the nails as per your choice. If you want to cut them short then using a nail cutter will be a good idea. But in case you wish to keep them of optimum length then use a nail filer and just give a shape of your choice to the edges.
- Now use a nail buffer to give a natural shine on the nail surface but make sure you don’t buffer your nails too much as it will make them weak and prone to damage.
- Now take a bowl full of lukewarm water and dip the nails for at least 8-9 minutes. One can add a few drops of a gentle face wash or a liquid hand wash as well in it. This will soften you nails and also help in getting rid of the cuticles which will be easy to remove once they turn soft.
- Next step is to apply a good quality cuticle cream or oil and then go ahead with removing the cuticles with the help of a cuticle remover. In case you are out of a cuticle cream you can easily use almond oil or olive oil as they will effectively turn the cuticles softer and will help in removing them easily.
- The hands tends to come in contact with so much stuff that it needs proper exfoliation to get rid of the dead cells which get deposited on the upper skin surface. Use a good quality scrub or one can also make a homemade scrub with brown sugar and olive oil as well. Do not over-scrub your hands. Wash the hands with clean normal water and pat dry.
- Next thing is to apply a nourishing lotion or hand cream to keep the hands and nails moisturized enough. Gently massage the cream on cuticles and the hand. Wipe away excess cream with a paper tissue.
- The final step is to apply your favorite nail paint shade or just a transparent base coat of nail paint on your nails. Coat them twice as per your wish for a fresh look. This completes the steps of your easy manicure at home without burning your pocket.
I hope you liked these easy to follow manicure steps. Do make sure to follow them on days when you are in the mood to pamper your self at the ease of your home.
Have you tried doing Manicure at Home?
You might like to read:-