About Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:
What it is:
A 15-hour, flawless foundation that stays looking fresh and natural through heat, humidity, and nonstop activity.
What it does:
Estēe Lauder’s Double Wear Makeup delivers flawless, 15-hour staying power, and it is natural-looking for carefree coverage. A lightweight, oil-free, and buildable formula, it doesn’t change color, leaving your makeup looking as fresh as when you first applied it.
What else you need to know:
This product is fragrance-free and non-acnegenic. It has been dermatologist tested.
Price: Rs 2850 for 30 ml.
You can buy Estee Lauder Double Wear products from flipkart.com here .
My experience with Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup Shell Beige:
Packaging: Estee Lauder double wear Foundation comes in a slightly bulky, sturdy glass bottle packaging. It has got a golden screw on cap and the bottle has no pump for dispensing the foundation which is major con. Pouring the foundation each time is painful. You can see complete list of ingredients mentioned in the outer carton. Though packaging looks elegant still I did not like it as its not travel friendly and the glass bottle might develop a crack. The shape of the bottle reminds me of Clinique super balanced foundation packaging, almost similar.
Shade: Estee Lauder Double wear Foundation comes in 31 shades respectively. They are named according to your skin tone:
- C- Cool
I got it in shade 4W1 Shell Beige which is perfect for people above NC 42 skin tone. Though it looked damn natural on my skin during summers (as I had got tanned), I felt it looked darker after the summers were over and my summer tan had completely got removed. It has yellow tint to it which makes it look natural, the yellow tone is not as dominant as you see in a Mac foundation, which I really liked.
Texture & Finish: This foundation has got thick lotion like texture. However It blends into my skin within seconds. It gives a smooth velvety matte finish to my skin. I prefer dewy kind of glow during winters when my skin gets drier so I wont use it during winters I suppose. Its not a very heavy foundation and looks very natural on my NC 42 skin tone. I did not have to apply compact for a long time. It kept shiny appearance at bay. Its fantastic for people with oily to combination skin type.
Coverage and Blendability: Estee Lauder Double wear foundation gives medium coverage with a single layer on skin. It gives complete coverage with 2 layers without giving cakey application or horrible white cast. This foundation blurred my freckles to a great extent and made many look like non existent, it covered the flaws and unevenness to a great extent. My skin looked even natural and young. This foundation does not oxidize on my skin and photographs quite well as SPF Factor is not too high. It also covers redness and acne marks effectively. Due to presence of dimethicone and trimethicone which are silicone based polymers, it blends easily and gives soft, smooth skin with diminished pores.
This foundation blends within seconds and imparts full coverage giving a luxurious finish. Its not too heavy on skin and does not suffocate like other heavy coverage products.
Application: I blend this product with my fingers and sometimes with a stippling brush. In either case, It does not get cakey and blends into my skin within seconds.
Staying Power: In market we rarely get a foundation which can last for long hours even in humidity. This foundation has impressed me like anything with its incredible staying power. It stays on my skin like a glue until I remove it with a makeup remover.
It is water resistant and stays on and on. Till date not a single foundation has stayed on my skin like this one, in a function I had used it and I got more than 12 hours of wear time. My skin looked bit shiny after 5-6 hours which I managed with a compact. I would definitely use this product during summers when most of the products ditch me in humid weather. If you have dry skin you may not like it, it wont make your skin dry but you may not prefer full matte finish.
What I like about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup Shell Beige:
- -This range of foundation comes in 31 shades, so one can easily find their shade.
- -Its texture is like a thick lotion and it gives a satin velvety feel to your skin.( Really feels like luxury)
- -It blends nicely and does not get streaky or look cakey on application.
- -It gives a healthy looking dewy glow.
- -It gives medium coverage with a single layer and absolutely complete coverage can be achieved with more layers.
- -It contains SPF 10.
- -Despite of spf factor, it does not give white cast in flash photography.
- -Its staying power is incredible. It Lasted for more than 12 hours on my skin with slight touch up with a compact.
- -It makes my skin soft, smooth with diminished pores and refined fine lines.
- -Its water-resistant and does not melt even in humidity so a good option to wear during summers.
- -Its paraben free.
- -It gives that my skin but better type feeling.
- -It gives matte finish, but does not dry up your skin or accentuates dry patches.
- -Keeps your skin shine free for a long time, with time it looked bit dewy but yes never shiny.
- -It did not break me out as its non acnegenic.
- -Its fragrance free, and dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested.
What I don’t like about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup Shell Beige:
- -If you apply more quantity, it might give you a white cast.
- -It contains dimethicone which is a silicone based polymer.
- -I do not like its bulky glass packaging.
- -It does not come up with a pump dispenser.
- -Its not travel friendly.
- -Price can be pinching for many.
- Packaging: 3.75 out of 5
- Shadewise: 4.75 out of 5
- Texture & Finish: 5 out of 5
- Coverage & Blendability: 5 out of 5
- Price: 4 out of 5
- Staying Power: 5 out of 5
Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5
My Overall Recommendation: Estee Lauder Double wear foundation range comes in 31 shades with velvety texture and matte finish. It gives medium coverage with a single layer but is buildable to almost complete coverage with 2 layers. I would highly recommend this product to people with combination, and oily skin type desiring long lasting matte finish which makes your skin healthy looking without accentuating dry patches. Its wear time is extremely high, many a times its stays on my skin until I do not remove it with a makeup remover. Its a water resistant foundation that does not melt in humidity during summers. Highly Recommended!
Have you tried Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup Shell Beige?
You might like to read:-